Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Introducing Emily...



Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I wanted to stop and take an official minute to formally introduce Miss Emily Bollinger.  After interning me for the summer, I'm excited to announce that I've offered her the position of J.Starr Marketing Coordinator.

Emily will take on a lot of my marketing scheduling, editing (thank goodness, we all know how many typos I make) photo/content collecting, linking and posting.  I will still write everything...all my marketing will still be in my voice, that's incredibly important to me.  Emily will just save me tons of time making sure that I stay consistent and typo free :)

I'm incredibly excited and grateful to bring her on board as my business is growing quickly and I think she will be a great addition to my team.

~Jennifer


I asked Emily to share a little bit about herself:  

My name is Emily... You might remember me from a blog post that I wrote a few months ago about a super fun event I did with Jennifer.

I'm a student at Northern Arizona University, studying Hotel & Restaurant Management, with a certificate in Event Planning!

All summer, I worked with Jennifer as her intern. I got to learn some of the ins and outs of the wedding industry. She also put me in charge of managing her marketing, which I realized I really really enjoyed! That actually is the reason that I am now going to minor in Marketing!



Over the summer, I got to experience lots of different parts of the industry. I got to help Jennifer with a few different amazing events this summer, as well as tour some of the valley's most beautiful venues with her and a bride to be! There were lots of early mornings, late nights, and I worked my butt off! But this summer was so much fun and has really helped me to make up my mind about what I want to do with my life.

Apparently, I was pretty decent with the whole marketing thing, because as the summer came to an end, just a few weeks before my move back to Flagstaff, Jennifer asked me be her Marketing Coordinator. She wanted me to help her manage her social media, her blog and a few other things from Flagstaff!


When she told me this, I was so excited... I started thinking about how scared I was to start this internship at the beginning of the summer. I was afraid that I would be getting coffee and picking up dry-cleaning for someone who wouldn't actually give me any opportunities to learn anything about this industry. (I think I might have just watched The Devil Wears Prada...)

But if I hadn't decided to go for it, even though I was terrified, I wouldn't have learned as much as I did, I wouldn't have met so many amazing and talented people, and I wouldn't have this opportunity to continue working for someone who inspires me to follow my crazy dreams in this crazy industry.


Photographer: Rachel Solomon Photography 

Want to read the last post that Emily wrote? Click here!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...