Saturday, March 21, 2015

How He Asked: Bryan and Ashley's Engagement Story

   

A week from today Bryan and Ashley will Marry......
 

 
So today, I thought it was only fitting to share their story....
 
 
In Ashley's Words....
 
 
 
"Bryan and I met in 2007 through his sister, who was my co-worker at the time. She was always trying to set him up with her friends. I was over at her house, and she strategically invited him over as well. We hit it off pretty well that night, but that unfortunately was not our time. We got along and enjoyed each other's company, but were in very different places at that time in our lives. Bryan was recalled to Iraq shortly after that, and we lost touch.
 
Bryan returned to AZ in 2009, but we did not start talking again until summer of 2011. That summer we did not leave each other's side, and by fall we knew this was where we wanted to be for the rest of our lives. In 2013 we moved into our first home, excited to start a life together. We had been talking about marriage for a while, but Bryan did not want to propose until I least expected it.
 
 
 
   On Saturday February 1st, 2014, I was hurrying home from work because we had a hockey game to get to that evening. When I got home and walked in Bryan was nowhere to be found, but there was rose petals all over the living room floor, including arrows made out of rose petals pointing to our bedroom. I followed the rose petal arrows, and came upon the words "I love you" spelled in roses, with more arrows. I continued along my rose path into the bedroom, to find him on his knee holding a ring box beside another rose sentence "Will you marry me?"

He was also wearing his Marine Uniform. Our entire relationship I had asked to see him in his Marine Blues, and he had always said 'later'. When he saw me he smiled big and popped the question. I immediately started to cry, and ran to him to give him a big hug. I then said yes over and over as he put my ring on my finger."
 


 

1 comment :

  1. The best!!! Can't wait to see the union next week!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...