Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Yep, Buns are still in the oven...


Hello World,

Yep, I'm still here....nope, no babies yet.  I've been so out of the loop lately I felt a bit of blogging might make me feel a little reconnected.

For the first time in my life things have sloooooowed down......waaaaaay down for me.  And to tell you the truth it totally freaks me out a little bit.  (I'm guessing it's the calm before the storm).

I was so going so hard for so long....crazy, busy, juggling act all the time...that it's totally weird for me to slow down.

It's not that we still don't have lots of wheels turning....the fact is my body & mind just wont allow me to do much of anything.....in fact, I tend to do a lot of staring into space and day dreaming.

I think I had really built it up in my head that my little ladies would be here by now.  Soooo many people had told me that no one carries twins past 35 weeks.... so I had it all planned out that the babies would have already made their grand appearance.

But apparently my little ladies are just nice and comfy in my tummy...and in no rush to come out.  I'm thinking now that they just might stay put until my scheduled c-section. ( at 38 weeks)

And with each passing week...it has become more and more painful to walk, get up and down...and SLEEP.  Sleeping is the real killer.  I'm up every hour of the night because I have to flip sides...which would seem like an easy thing to do....except when you have two bowling balls in your belly. 

But all in all, things are great.  My doctor had to remind me that every passing day that the babies can stay in the oven is miraculous for their health and their future.   Perhaps my fantasy of being able to hold them on Christmas wont come true, but that's okay...I'm learning quickly that unfortunately, I can't be the "Event Planner" of my children's birth..... I just not that qualified. 

P.S. Yes, I'm still taking a weekly photo... I'm just not as eager to post, because I look like a cartoon character....but I will...for your personal amusement, soon.


3 comments :

  1. Oh honey. You are so precious. I will call you soon! I wanna see you too! Let me know if there is anything I can do! Miss you too much! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I totally remember those days!!! And I carried my twins till almost 39 weeks so it can happen!! Hang in there!! It will wonderfully crazy once they get here...and believe me, it will be non-stop for many, many years :)

    Stephanie Hawk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I adore your posts! This event is certainly one you can prepare, but not predict. I hope to be of great help when the time comes. In the mean-while just stay off your feet and call if you want company =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...