Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dear Dream Chasers, Keep Chasing....

{Flashback to....the 2nd Styled Shoot I every Designed/Coordinated....Flash forward 4 years and add in many lessons learned + 2 babies later, here I am, still chasing dreams} 


Truth be told, I'm a little stumped on what to share today.  My head and my heart have been spinning with ideas, and at times are at war with each other.  Growing a business is a trip...there's so much to it.  I can't believe that a few years ago I actually thought (for a minute) that all I needed to know was "How to be a Wedding Planner"...I thought if I had those skills and experience,  I could easily run my own business.  WRONG.  Oh so wrong, that was just step one.  Along with that, there's legal documents, insurance, finances/accounting, bookkeeping, marketing (lots of marketing), systems, workflow, networking, project management, and the list goes on. 

Along my journey, I've learned a few things....
These are things I tell myself when I don't always know the next step to take:

1.) Stay hungry for knowledge, keep asking questions.
2.) Be humble, remember where you started, and how much further you want to go.
3.) Self doubt is good, but don't let it limit your capabilities.
4.) Keep going.  Doors will close, but others will open. Believe (I have stories)
5.) Reach out to your loved ones for support, they see qualities in you, that you need to be reminded of.
6.) Write down ideas, on paper.  Get them out of your head and put them into actions.
7.) Music, always music.  I cannot create or feel inspired without it. 
8.) Being "vulnerable" is okay.
9.) Share your successes, it's important.
10.) Meet people, like really get out there and meet people.  Relationships are powerful.


Here's Hoping You Keep Chasing,
J.Starr



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...