Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Port-a-Potties, Giraffes, and Rihanna.....


Hi Readers!
No I didn't abandon my new blog that I made such a big fuss about at the beginning of the year, I've simply been keeping myself accountable for my shift in priorities...which to be honest, is not an easy thing to do ~ and can be very time consuming and uncomfortable until things start to settle.But, it's happening... slowly but surely....and I'm now at a point where I think I can start blogging more~yeah!

You see, prior to the new year, I told myself and Justin several times (seriously, why did he marry such a freak?) that my number one priority for the first 6 months in 2012 would be my health.  It's time to develop really good habits and routines, prior to starting a family. That would come before anything else....work, family, friends, fun, etc.
I told myself that I had to start embracing the "culture"... ya know because I'm an event planner, we only think in "themes".

So part of embracing this culture meant crossing off one of my many goals... running a 5k. On a lovely Saturday morning at the Phoenix Zoo... I did it! All by myself....
I shocked myself by finishing... in 31 minutes... although I do credit a great deal of my speed to having to pee, and not wanting to use the port-a-potties.
I hadn't trained much other than working out for the past six weeks at Crossfit... which sometimes includes running.  Now I have "the bug".. I totally want to do this again and push myself harder.... and next time I'll know.........

~Empty bladders are always a smart thing before running
~I want one of those legit CamelBaks, to hold all my items... inside of running with a side strappy purse that kept banging me in the leg the entire time.
~Despite how cold it is, I wont run with sweatshirt tied around my waist~it's totally annoying,distracting and dorky.
~I will get an arm band for my ipod, and make sure my Ipod is better qued.....as for some reason my playlist kept repeating Rhianna's S&M song over and over again during the entire run....which doesn't really go with the beauty of the morning sun glistening off the glorious giraffe's backs as the eat their breakfast.

I share this story to help inspire you.  Believe me my friends, my brides, my readers... if wimpy me can run a 5k~you can accomplish your goals... whatever they may be...big or small. Just keep going, keep pushing yourself harder and stay clear of port-a-potties.

"Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone"
~ Neale Donald Walsch

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE IT! Jen, you are so funny...I can't believe you didn't go potty before the race! So silly, I wish I was there to laugh w/you and flail as we ran through your favorite place, the ZOO. You are kickin' so major butt girlfriend. I'm so proud of you! When you set a goal, you always achieve it. You are a wild animal and you take what you want in life...like the Honey Badger :) Love you!! P.S. I ran 2 miles yesterday and I can barely walk today. Ha! I'm going to work up to 5 miles and then we can run a 5K together baby! Muah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...