Friday, January 6, 2012

How Do You Define Success???

Towards the end of 2011, I felt so beat! My birthday is at the end of November, followed soon after my New Years.  At that time I did a lot of  self reflection and beat downs on myself for everything I didn't accomplish at the age of ahem... 30 and in the year of 2011. To the point that I just felt so defeated. 
Then I came across this quote:


"In a world of never-enough, it's easy to feel dissatisfied even if the very thing you dreamt of was sitting in front of you"
 
 
It made me stop and realize how many things that did go pretty great in 2011 at the age of ahem...30.
~My Family~Friends~ Incredibly Loving, Driven, and Supportive Husband~ Adorable Weenie Dogs~ Lots of Travel... the list goes on an on.  

 Last year was an amazing year...truly...especially professionally for Justin (the hubs) and I. I'm so proud and somewhat shocked my how quickly "J.Starr Stylized Weddings" has grown!

It felt good to stop for a moment and appreciate everything in my life.... which inspired me to take some time and do some serious goal setting for the new year, and new age and resulted in a 6 month action plan ~ a big shift in priorities.  I wrote them out, read them to Justin at least 3 or 4 times ... until I was convinced that he was going to help keep me accountable, then posted them around our home. 
 
Success is a self-defined word, but in order to articulate what it means, you must figure it out for yourself. It's so important to stop looking at what others have done and think it'll never be you...because it won't. That was them, but this is you.
If success is growing your career, say it.
If success is achieving your fitness and health goals, say it. 
If success making just enough to stay at home with your kids, say it.
If success is spending more quality time with your spouse, family, or friends, say it.  

Most importantly you have to define what your goals are FIRST and write them down.  Once you achieve them, be proud of yourself and know for that moment ~ Your cup is full, and you feel proud of your reached goals!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...