Monday, December 2, 2013

Mindful Monday 12.2.13

(Birthday Date Night @ The Botanical Gardens, Enjoying " Las Noches de las Luminarias")
 
MINDFUL MONDAY ~ feeling refreshed, feeling excited for a new week, needing a quick reflection, taking a moment to be mindful and appreciative.

Highlights of last week included:
~Special Dinner with Special People
~Thanksgiving, so much to be Thankful for
~My Birthday/Most Awkward Day of the Year for Me
~Festive Date Night with a Cute Boy
~Sunday Funday Christmas Decorating Party

Last week I learned:
~Birthdays are always totally uncomfortable for me.  I prefer planning events and attempting to make things special for other people... not myself.  You see, as an Event Planner I don't really think "normally" about special occasions.  Therefor my expectations are usually kinda of unattainable... not in the sense that it takes a lot to make me happy....more in the sense of...if I can't plan special events I sometimes struggle to enjoy them and I have this irrational fear that things wont feel "special enough".   Have you seen that episode of "Modern Family" when it's Phil's Birthday....and Claire tries everything to make the day special for him..but all of these random things happen that essentially "jinx" the day?  Yep, that's me.  Except...I'm "Phil"...and Justin is "Claire".  It's hilarious....ask Justin, he'll tell you all the stories.  I wish so badly I wasn't this way.... but I am, there's just no fighting it.  Other Event Planners out there, possibly reading this....Please tell me I'm not the only one?!? 

New fab finds:
~If you're looking for something inspiring and elegant to do...you MUST attend Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Botanical Gardens. IN FACT, if you go tonight...you can receive 50% your tickets.  Purchase tickets online and use code LumiRush or call 480-481-8188 and tell the customer service rep code LumiRush. http://ow.ly/rdpDL

The photo doesn't really do these beauties true justice {Style & Co} ....these are my "It's My Birthday, Sassy Shoes"... I haven't bought clothes in a long time...so I enjoyed doing a little shoppy shopping. 

Yes this actually happened:
~Gave up on trying to explain to Justin that having an "organized junk drawer" completely defeats the purpose of having a "junk drawer" in the first place.
~Precalculated all my Thanksgiving Meal points {calories} and enjoyed a very delicious guiltless meal...and what a surprise I still had a great Thanksgiving. "Tracking" food is so powerful, I'm hooked.

Feeling Appreciative:
~For Family.  It was the very first Thanksgiving with just my immediate family....it was cozy and quaint.  Thank you Mom for cooking...Thank You Hannah & Emma for making it perfect, simply by being there. 

Baby Moments I Want to Remember:
~Hannah makes this mmm mm mm sound when she's happy/excited.  I just want to inhale her every time I hear it.  Emma is now nicknamed "Crunchie Addict" as every time she finishes her baby food she starts YELLING at me/us for "Crunchies"  {you parents know what I'm talking about}. 

On the horizon for this week:
~J.Starr Stylized Weddings will be co-hosting "Twilight Hours" at San Tan Elegante on Tuesday evening...if you know anyone looking for a fabulous Venue and Coordinator {wink wink} come check us out from 6pm to 8pm.
~Pre Shoot Meeting for a Stylized Photo Shoot that I'm doing at a very swanky place for Arizona Finest Weddings Magazine....can't share anymore details....shhh....it's top secret until the Magazine is published next June.
~ A massage with Becky Medina who is raising money for a trip to the Philippians next Spring with an organization called Josie's Angels (JAZ) For more information please/and to sign up for a massage click here.
~Hopefully finish "decorating our halls" Starr Style of course
~Maybe another festive activity next weekend...."Tis the Season"

Something Inspiring:


 
SPECIAL SNAPSHOTS FROM LAST WEEK:

Final Walk Thur Meeting with "IGNITE" for their upcoming Grand Opening Celebration!
 
Special Dinner with Special Girls
  
This lovely group of people I get to call "Family"
  
Oh Hannah, You Melt Me
 
Emma played hard to get with Uncle Chase...
 
Black Friday!  I've never shopped on BF before...but I was feeling brave this year, so Hannah & Emma helped me pick out a new Christmas Tree {and a little one for their room too}
 
BEST.BIRTHDAY.MOMENT.EVER.
 
We had the most EXQUISITE evening at "Las Noches de las Luminarias" at the Desert Botanical Garden.  It was really enchanting and romantic, I highly recommend it!
 
Dinner at Gertrudes {at the DBG} Justin surprised me with a special dessert..."homemade doughnut holes with dipping sauces"....Ohh Mee Gee, totally worth the splurge!
 
8,000 hand lit luminaria bags and thousands of white lights!
 
Acoustic Spanish Style Guitar & Violin..."Domingo Degrazia  & Beth Daunis" absolutely captivating! 
And the Chilhuly Glass Pieces were magical
 
 
Sunday Funday with the Monkeys
 
Kicked off our "Christmas Decorating Day" with a trip to the
Freestone Park and a ride on the Christmas Train.
 
It takes a strong man to deal with three bossy ladies!
 
It's Beginning to Look at lot like Christmas in the Starr Home
 
Goofs
 
Ended the Sunday Funday with "Grinch Floats" and watched....{wait for it....}..."The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"...my all time FAV!
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...