Friday, September 12, 2014

(Featured Friday) Eric & Vanessa's "His & Hers" Engagement Stories


(Photography by Brie Bandura)


Happy Friday All!

Today, I want to share with you Vanessa and Eric's exquisite engagement photos and stories......... but before we get into that I wanted to give you a little background on this lovely couple.

 Vanessa, the beautiful bride to be, is one talented woman!! She has been in the dance industry for the past 15 years. Vanessa has been a member of the Phoenix Suns Dance Team, the The Phoenix Mercury Hip Hop Squad, and the Los Angeles Clippers Spirit Dance Team. Currently, Vanessa runs a dance program for kids of all ages in Phoenix call Lime Lite Dance...view her website here and her facebook page here.


Eric the handsome groom is the Portfolio Manager for Arizona's Pension Fund.  I asked Vanessa to share with me a little more on her groom...she said "he's brilliant, he was valedictorian of his high school and finished his MBA by the time he was 23. He is also a huge Iowa State Cyclone Fan ....he can list any statistic of any sport in general. He also has a true heart of gold and is the person that brought trust and the true meaning of love back into my heart."


I'm beyond thrilled to see these two will marry in 22 days from today! Their wedding will be beautiful and I'm so honored that they have trusted me to be a part of it...I can't wait to share more about their special day here on my blog soon, stay tuned!

And now for the "His" and "Hers" Engagement Story............
 
 
Eric's Version:

"After getting the blessing from Vanessa's mother I set out to covertly plan the proposal...no small task particularly if you know Vanessa's sixth sense and boundless curiosity. Needless to say it involved a pre-dawn run for the finishing touches of flowers and fruit before a diversionary matinee movie and a 'spontaneous' walk in the park and visit to an exhibit we had long-ago intended to check out.
On New Year's Day Vanessa slept in and I found an early showing of American Hustle which turned out to be great (not only as a movie but as a distraction to talk about as we drove to the Chihuly in the Garden exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden). We had talked about seeing the exhibit for some time so as a 'no time like the present' idea I suggested we head there. Papago Park is adjacent to the Desert Botanical Garden and the Hole in the Rock at the Park offers a wonderful view overlooking the Park & Garden. When we got to the Park I suggested we take a short walk up to check out the view. Vanessa, ever-fashionable, of course had on boots and an outfit that she really wasn't too keen about taking on a non-paved walk. With some cajoling we found our way up the path to a private nook on the Hole in the Rock.  We shared a picnic of strawberries and a rose while taking in the view. As we wrapped up and were about to head down I had one last surprise tucked away in the bag I packed. After getting on one knee and formally asking for her hand in marriage I got a YES interspersed with several "Oh my God, Are You Serious, Is this really happening?" questions from her. I was happy, she was shocked (and happy). Success! We proceeded back down the trail and enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the spectacular Chihuly exhibit and ended the night with a romantic dinner at Oregano's, the restaurant where we had our first date...I couldn't have asked for a better day!"


Vanessa's Version:

"So it was the morning of New Year's Day at 7 AM and Eric is such an early bird and I was dead to the world because we went out the night before for New Year's eve to party with friends you guys know who you are… The night before a  Brooke and MiMi kept saying "oh my gosh when is he going to propose, I feel like its coming!"and I was like I have no idea and had no clue but I thought it would be coming sometime but not right after the holidays. So back to New Year's Day I had slept until 11 AM and while I was asleep he went to get flowers and packed a picnic and I had no idea. I was half asleep still and he was like we have to go to Chilluly- he was dead set on going to this exhibit and I was like oh we can go anytime why do we have to go today? Because we also wanted to see American Hustle and I was dying to see that. So we went to see American hustle then straight to the exhibit. Our phones guided us to papago park and not the exhibit. So he pulled the car over and we were navigating our way. All of the sudden he turns off the car goes around to the trunk and then he is rummaging around forever. In the back of my mind I was thinking what in the hell is he doing back there for so long... he's up to something! Then as soon as that thought left my mind he came around to the passengers side and said, "Get Out!, we're going on a walk" I was so bewildered and said, "Wait do I need my purse and where in the hell are we going I thought we were going to the exhibit!" So I grabbed my purse and we walked around the bend and then he's sayin' were hiking up the mountain. The first thing I said,being somewhat bratty was there is No Way Im hiking up this mountain in black sued wedge boots, and I knew he wasn't going to hike up in his brand new pair of Nikes he just got in Iowa! So as frivolous and superficial this may sound - Yes its true I was not about to hike up a mountain that the man I LOVE was going to propose to me on lol! So we found a little nook and he had told me to shut my eyes and in my mind im thinking awww- how sweet, but still had NO idea!!  Then all of the sudden I heard whip cream and Im thinking how did he transport whip cream after American Hustle- this guy has sly moves haha...Eric is always doing sweet stuff so I figured this was just icing on the cake! So I opened My eyes and there in my lap was a single red rose!   Then he had a fruit platter so we ate that, then after he was diggin' in that infamous back pack and I looked away. Then kid you NOT I look back and he is on his knee said, "Vanessa, you know I love you , I want to spend the rest of my life with you, WILL U MARRY ME!" I was freaking out and kept saying over and over oh my God!, is this real and YES, YES, YES! Then immediately after we or I calmed down I said, This means we are going to have a family!!!! I was so excited and didn't cry because I was in shock - cause I am an emotional wreck and cry all the time haha!!"





1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...