Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"The Wednesday Whirl" 9.17.14

 
 
{Brunch and Bra Shopping at Victoria's Secret with these TWO, because it's more fun that way}
 
 
~THE WEDNESDAY WHIRL~ 


Highlights of last week included:
~Yes, my friends...I've made an adjustment....the former "The Monday Mix" has moved over to Wednesday becoming "The Wednesday Whirl".  I realized that posting about all the past week's happenings on Monday didn't allow enough time for taking the proper steps of photo organization.  Recently Justin and I have wanted to start using our professional cameras more and phone cameras less...and for years I've wanted to start creating digital albums. But with this, I was always waiting on Justin to "edit" all of our photos.  (which can be very timely, especially when you take a lot of photos) So now....we've figured out a system in which I can upload, organize, and edit out all the photos on Monday ~ then Justin can edit them on Tuesday ~ then I can post my "Wednesday Whirl" with more professional looking photos (happy dance!) This allows us to organize all of our weekly photos (not just the ones I share on the blog, believe it or not...I only share the highlights) that way...I can start creating/working on our digital albums weekly. (I have no idea why I'm sharing all of this boring information with you all...I get really excited about organizational/work flow changing that makes life better, and I'm actually a nerd)
 
 ~Attended the NACE, "Fashion for a Cause Fashion Show" at the Hotel Valley Ho.  This is an annual fabulous fundraiser in which Phoenix's top event industry designers are asked to create "fashion" using only 20% of actual clothing and 80% of "event related" materials.  I was asked to be a designer and had signed up at one point, but shortly after declined as my September plate was a little too full to take on another project.  But, I did get to attend, along with my friends Jessica, Melissa, and my new fall intern; Megan.  It was such a lovely night, I hope to participate as a designer next year....I have a pretty amazing idea in mind.

~So my little ones were in Casa Grande, last weekend with Grams and Gramps and then Arizona got hit with record breaking rain and flooding, and my mom didn't want me on the road with babies so that equaled an extra day entirely to myself....which resulted in lots of catching up on work projects...it felt ahh maaa zzzing, thank you Mom!

~Family Date Night included a "Street Taco Festival" followed by the babies first trip to the Frozen Yogurt Shop, so fun.

~Brunch and Bra Shopping with some of my best girlfriends.  Yes, it's a thing. Yes, Justin thought it was weird too.

~Celebrating my little brother's birthday on Sunday Funday, complete with a house full of hilariousness.  My mom made an amazing homemade meal (which my daughters proceeded to throw all over the floor, table, each other and their grandpa).  My sweet little Granny told wild, crazy, super random stories (she has dementia and is also a real "story teller" to begin with....so it's hard to tell if she's joking around or not) but she kept us laughing that's for sure.  My dad just sits back and grins the whole time....Justin attempts to tame our little wild beasts while capturing some photos...and my brother just sits back and allows the circus to completely take over his celebration. 
 
Fab finds:
Mimi's Café has this Egg White & Veggie Omelet right now that is ridiculous.  I know it sounds gross right...total deliciousness. I don't particularly love Mimi's or omelets...but I'm telling you, good stuff!
 
Yes this actually happened:
~I deserve the "Worst Mother of the Year" award for allowing my littles to walk all over my parents back yard in tutus (shortly after the huge rainfall) as their little legs got covered in mosquito bites!!! So sad...luckily calamine spray to the rescue.
~The realization that my tiny twosome (especially now that they are walking, running, expressing, communicating and in to EVERYTHING) require 110% of my attention and full energy during their every waking moment.  With this, it requires me to maximize the times before they wake, during their nap, after they go to sleep, and the two afternoons that Justin works shorter days = my scheduled work hours, even better than before. This requires me to set realistic goals, deadlines, and changes my current definition of what personal success means to me during this season of my life.
 
Feeling Appreciative:
~For amazing family, friends, and clients

Sending Some Love:
~Happy Birthday Naseem, my sweet friend is traveling the world at the moment and surly celebrated her birthday in a big way (can't wait to catch up when you return)
~My baby brother....who also celebrated his birthday...and didn't mind sharing his cake with his messy little nieces.
 
Food, Fitness & Fashion:
~ Loving this "cooler" weather....and so happy I finally incorporate my the babies back into my workouts....now I just need to purchase a jogging stroller. 
~One of my best friends is currently attending a week long yoga retreat in Colorado with her fiancée....it sounds super hippy, earthy, cool...I'm totally jealous.  I think she even mentioned "natural hot springs"....that's on my bucket list.
 
Baby Moments I Want to Remember:
~CRAZY.  They are real little humans.  Emma's really saying quite a few words these days..."shoe" "nose" "ears" "hi, hi, hi" and "allllll done".  Hannah does these hilarious "growls" all the time and says "uhh ohh" upon every deemed fitting opportunity.  They both spin in circles and smile when their daddy sings "dance, babies dance....dance babies dance."
 
Something Inspiring:
~My beautiful friend Jessica.  She's had such a heart breaking year.  Her smile and continued effort to navigate through life with positivity and love is truly inspiring.  I feel so fortunate to know her, she's a strong woman with such a good soul.
 
 
~LAST WEEK, IN PHOTOS~ 
 
 
 {NACE Fashion Show}

 {Loved spending time with Jessica}

 {Street Taco Festival}
 
{Emma was the only one okay with wearing a "prop"...makes me so proud, I love a girl who's into themes!}

{Babies First Frozen Yogurt Shop}

{They LOVED it}
 
{Snuck in some Sunday morning snuggles with Miss Mia....my girlfriend Andrea's new sweet baby}


{Emma Lou....woke up early, before her sister...so she soaked up lots of Mommy and Daddy alone time}
{Fun times in Grams and Gramps Backyard Oasis...little did I know they were being eaten alive!}
 

{Helping Uncle Chase open his birthday gifts}

 {Happy Birthday to You, Stinks}
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...