Friday, July 10, 2015

In The Works: "The Gala"

 
 
Happy Friday All, 

Tonight I thought I would share my thoughts on an upcoming *huge* event that I'm involved with.....that's coming to life on TUESDAY!
About 4 months ago I met up in a cute little restaurant with my wedding industry friend, Dawn Peterson (Dawn is the Vice President of the Phoenix Chapter of NACE.)  We chatted about family, food, life....and all things wedding industry related.
And then Dawn mentions, that she's looking for a "Creative Designer" to take the lead as an Event Co Chair for an upcoming National Conference (specifically the Awards Dinner Gala).  She showed me videos and photos from past conferences and gave me a general overview. 
I thought to myself...why not?  The conference was in July (that's off season in Arizona!)  I knew this was an opportunity to work with new people and incorporate creative concepts, so I accepted the position, and I am extremely thrilled to be serving as the Event Co-Chair for the Extravagant  Awards Gala for the Experience! Conference and Exposition for the National Association for Catering and Events.

Over time, I slowly began to realize that....umm....this is a HUGE event!   Umm, what?  The guest list alone is 500 people and I should also point out, these are not normal people; these are all event industry professionals!  That adds about a billion more tons of pressure because these people do this for a living and they've seen mind blowing events before.  Now all of a sudden, I'm in charge of impressing all of these people?   
And so it began....ideas upon ideas...email after email, meetings, meetings, and more meetings... And now, the time has come!  I'm excited and nervous (the good kind of nervous).  It's going to be amazing to see all our efforts play out. 
The Concept:
"All That Shapes Us" ~
Artistic, Graphics, Modern, Geometric, Funky, Cool
"In the wedding and event industry, your mind is constantly flooded with beautiful imagery, new trends, exciting ideas...but have you ever taken a moment to stop and recognize how important "shape" plays into our events?  The use of shape is everywhere...invitations, room diagrams, tablescapes, wedding cakes, place settings, how entrees are plated.  We invite our guests into the awareness of "shape" and the many options you have as an event professional.  We hope you find inspiration in the use of shape, how it trends us, changes us, and enhances our experiences." 
 
The Design Boards: 


(Cocktail Hour)


(Dinner)


(The After Party)

Committee:
This event is *so huge* that it could only be accomplished by the incredible committee that has been hard at work for months and months to get every detail right. 

The committee is comprised of so many talented people that I am honored to be working with. It's really a magical thing when a group of people with years of experience, inspirations, and connections come together. 

Kate Christensen
Gala Event Co Chair/
Owner of Kate & Company
Jennifer Starr
Gala Event Co Chair/
Owner of J.Starr Stylized Weddings
Amber Allen
Phoenix NACE President /
Director of Catering and Restaurant Sales,
Gila River Gaming Enterprises
Dawn Peterson
Phoenix NACE Vice President/
Regional Sales, Phoenix Bride & Groom
Ronnie Anderson
Director of Catering
Phoenix Airport Marriott
Nicole Jorgenson  
Senior Event Manager
Santa Barbara Catering
Jennifer Cotsonas
Accountant Executive
Kool Party Rentals
Cheryl Denham
Owner/CEO
AZ Family Florist LLC/LUX Wedding Florist/Wed AZ
Cynthia Pottinger
LUX  Florist
Rob Hinkle
General Manager
Alive
Lori Apt
Event Director/Designer
Fred’s Signature Floral  Events

The Sponsors:

Naturally this event couldn't be made possible without all of the generous sponsors:


Kate Patay/Creative Coverings
 Linen Rentals
Kool Party Rentals
Furniture
Bob Messinger, Applause Productions & Entertainment
Cocktail Hour Entertainment  
Champagne Creative Group
Dinner/After Party Entertainment
Creative Occasions
Table Numbers +
Gold Pipe & Draping
Alive
Audio Visual Equipment
The Instant Classics
Entertainment
For After Party
Santa Barbara Catering
Desserts for After Party
Pixy Cakes
 Desserts for After Party
Caramel Addiction by Sherrye’s Kitchen
Desserts for After Party
Gigi’s  Cupcakes
Desserts for After Party
Classic Party Rentals
Chargers
The Event Essentials
Menus
LUX Wedding Florist
Floral
Kenwood Vineyards
Wine


In addition to the Gala on Tuesday, I have the opportunity to attend three other amazing events during the NACE National Conference. 

Sunday Night = The Opening Reception! I have volunteered myself (and my Brother, hee hee) to be servers...but not just any servers....Dia de los Muertos servers!  This event is going to be off the chain...and the best part, I happen to know who the surprise band is.  YES.

Monday = I get the chance to listen (and hopefully meet, fingers crossed) the famous Wedding & Event Planner: Colin Cowie.  Followed by the Keynote Luncheon.  So ready to be renewed with some fresh inspiration.

Stay tuned.....I'll share more soon.  And a special thank you to Dawn Peterson for asking me to be a part of this incredible experience.   

If you liked this post, check out my previous "In the Works" post below!

In the Works: Spa Infused Cocktail Party

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...