Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship with The Bridal Fashion Debut...


It's that time of year again...time for all the newly engaged brides and grooms to celebrate their engagement with a little torture fun by attending the infamous two day Bridal Fashion Debut.

If I had to guess, I would say this will be my tenth time to set up a booth as a featured wedding vendor. Why torture, I mean fun? I'm kidding, kinda.... I really do recommend attending, I really do, but you MUST be prepared....It's very crowded and very overwhelming (especially if your at the infancy stages of your planning). 

Here's a few tips to make this experience more enjoyable and comfortable for you.

1.) Come researched and prepared.  Know ahead of time what vendors specifically you're interested in meeting.  Once you arrive at the show you'll be given a map, take a few moments to step aside..sip on your morning latte and map out where you desired vendors are ahead of time.

2.) Wear comfortable shoes!  You will be doing a ton of walking.

3.) Create a separate wedding email address, trust me you'll be so glad you did! (ex: justinandjenniferswedding@gmail.com)

4.) Create several labels with all of your contact number (including your new wedding email) so that you can enter all of the fantastic contests and be eligible for the givaways.

5.) Bring a backpack or a canvas big beach bag to carry all the information your receive...it's a lot of info and the paper shopping bag they give you at the front door will break halfway through the show.

6.) Just breath and don't allow yourself to become too overwhelmed, just go there for ideas, don't go there thinking you'll plan your entire wedding in one day!

I have a handful of complimentary tickets in my office, let me know if you need some.
See You There!  


1 comment :

  1. It's so much fun!!! And you always have a great booth Jen!! I know you will meet tons of new brides and have a wonderful and successful wedding year in 2012!! Go get'em Girly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...