Friday, June 29, 2012

Flashback Friday "Flashing Lights, the "Official" J.Starr Debut........

2011 was such a whirlwind for me, that I didn't have much time to post about any of the Events/Weddings that I designed and coordinated.

I'll always think of the "Flashing Lights" Wedding and Networking Event, as my first "official" J.Starr Debut! It was truly so special to me.

But I didn't want to let time go by without sharing these times with all of you.
(All my gorgeous "bridesmaid models" and me, such a fun night)

I based the entire concept/theme of this event on the Kayne West Song: "Flashing Lights"

I tend to base lots of my themes on songs.... I listen to the song a create a music video in my head... I've done this my whole life~ I really believe that music is truly the root of all design inspirations. (but don't watch the actual music videos ahead of time, that can ruin your vision)

This was an industry networking event, meaning the budget was zero.  Therefore I had to "sweet talk" several vendors into partnering with me.

 A very special thank you to all my amazing participating vendors:

Still Life Studios (Photo & Video)
Renata Hodl
Birkett Entertainment
The Bar Guys
A Piece of Cake Desserts
Jennifer Hall Catering
Twirl Bridal Boutique
Hair By Lisa Berger
AZ Eyelash Lady


There was food, glitz, and glam......

And a Photo Booth...

Wedding Cake.....


And of course, the Fashion Show...

And at the end of the Fashion Show, all of my vendors rushed in to give me a surprise group hug.  A big part of event planning is truly the relationships that you build with fellow vendors ~ it makes work so much fun! 
A very special to thank you to my dear friend, Matt Wheeler: Owner of Still Life Studios, and Curtis Whipple: Owner of (WEN) Wedding and Event Networking for hosting this event with me.

And a big shout out to my Design Partner in Crime: Renata Hodl, for her endless help, support, and amazing talent!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...