Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Confession....


CONFESSION:

Sometimes I want things so perfect, so professional, so polished that I avoid doing them all together.  

I don't know that I would call myself a "perfectionist" so to speak.  I imagine those people to be very structured, super organized, very put together, {freak shows}.  I don't think I'm like that all...I just want some things a certain way, not everything.

Yesterday was a good reminder that not every get together has to be a J.Starr Stylized Event.  I struggle sometimes to find balance between professional me and personal me.

And since becoming a mom, I see things a little differently.... I'm more aware of how quickly time passes.  I don't want to be so hung up and things like I used to be. 

So yesterday I had my family over for lunch.  My Granny's sister was in from Tennessee (they hadn't seen each in 15 years).  I wanted to create a special experience for them....but I had to surrender a bit to make it possible. {As, the majority all my event decor is still in storage}

{And sometimes those blury non professional cell phone snap shots are ok too}
 
So here we sat....in my current make shift dining room.  My home still isn't completly unpacked from the big move, there's not a single decor piece hanging on the walls, the dining room table is a plastic meeting table, the chairs don't match........BUT that's not what it's really about.  It's about all these amazing people in our home, whom we love so much, enjoying precious time together.

I think we're all like this in some ways...about certain things. But we can't let those hang ups stop us from enjoying life. And if we were sitting next to each other right now, I'd probably hold my hand up in the air hoping you'd high five me. 

 Happy Wednesday!


2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...