Monday, March 18, 2013

Manic Monday 3.18.13



~MANIC MONDAY~

My FAV, My Little Monkeys
{See Weekly Photos Below}....

 Highlights of last week included:
~Spent all day Friday {in between feedings, diaper changes, and snuggles) pouring all my recent thoughts into a notebook, ever page cover to back cover full. Full of ideas, thoughts, goals, struggles....everything. Writing out my 5 year plan for J.Starr Weddings, rethinking my branding, debating my social medias....so many thoughts... It felt good.
~St. Patty's Day! Enjoyed so many festive activities...including having the Nelson Family over for Corn Beef & Cabbage.
~Getting more sleep! Amen to that!! My easy going luv bugs sleep between 6 and 8 hours each night. So thankful. So much easier now that I'm not a zombie
Last week I learned:
~Writing my thoughts out on paper really helps to relax me.
~Writing out daily to do lists are the secret to feeling accomplished as a mommy, wife, and business owner ~ at least for me. Even a small task is an accomplishment.
Yes This Actually Happened:
~A weird bird landed in our backyard one afternoon and was stuck there several hours (my dad saw the photo and said it was a "coot" and they don't fly very well) Anyways this threw Sammy and Olive into a fit of rage... for many hours...until Justin got home and saved the day.
~Stayed on my budget for the first time at the grocery store, wahoo! Taking a calculator helps.
~Signed up to bring the main dishes at the upcoming "Norris" (my maiden name) Spring Fling Brunch. My inner susie homemaker needs to be punched in the face, I'm not this qualified.
~Speaking of domestic disasters, on Saturday I had a lovely little pork loin dish cooking in the crock pot...and just as I was about to serve it up....I realized I had pushed the "warm" button instead of the "4 hours" button. So, 4 hours LATER....we enjoyed our meal.
Feeling Appreciative:
For my girlfriend Melissa, who let me and girls camp out at her place while our home was sprayed by the bug guy.
Bringing Sexy Back:
BIG NEWS, this little category will be getting it's own weekly blog post. Look for Fridays: Food, Fitness, and Fashion {unless I can think of a more clever title}. Seens how this is such an important goal of mine, I've decided I need even more accountability, so stay tuned.
This past week, I lost another 1 1/2 lbs of the baby weight...slowly but surely. And I took a Zumba class for the first time....so much booty shakin, so much fun, so much more me than yoga!
New Fab Finds:
~Keek, as if I need another social media outlet. But it's so cool. It's just like instagram, except with videos. I really like it, though I don't know anyone other than celebrities and sixteen year olds that are using it. I need to check out the privacy filters..it would be fun to take and share videos of the luv bugs.
~Speaking of videos...did you all see this one....Dancing Nana, made me laugh out loud, REALLY loud.
~An app called All Recipes.Com You simply put in the ingredients you have in your home and it will spit out recipe options for you, very cool. (thanks Auntie Chrissy for the suggestion).

Baby Moments:
~Emma makes the cutest mmm mmm mmm sound when she drinks her bottle
~They are starting to really look at each other
~They are "talking" so much, coos and cahs, oohs and ahhs SO CUTE!
~They sometimes hold their little arms straight up in the air when they drink their bottles
~They are starting to halfway SMILE, it's the BEST!
~They LOVE music...it instantly calms them
~The "jealousy" is already starting....where one baby gets fussy when I'm holding her sister...oh just the beginning of a long road ahead.

Currently Listening to:
Songs I "Shazamed" and took notice to this week, in hopes of putting together some "Spotify" lists soon. Check it out. It's no doubt random, but that's the way I roll.
~Smile, Lily Allen
~By the Way, Red Hot Chili Peppers
~Who Booty, John Hart
~Iko Iko, Cyndi Lauper
~Drive By, Train
~Lazy Afternoon, Rebelution
~Hey Baby, Stephen Marley
~Enchanted, The Platters
~DLZ, TV on the radio
 
 
Last Week's Highlights, According to my Cell Phone:
 (Yes, I know I take a lot of photos)
Thank You Melissa
Stories with Grammie







My Hero
 Mommy Moment
 Zumba is HAWT!
"Hi Daddy, it's morning time"
Cute little tushies
 "Mommy, this isn't working"
 Is this really my life? Such sweetness!
 Daughter like Father. And yes, he's wearing his Pink Floyd jammies

 Pretty Hannah
Emma and her BIG eyes
 Always one crying
 Latched Arms..
 Emma ALWAYS has to touch her big sis
 One a.m. Irish Car Bombs
 Cornbeef & Cabbage
 Sammy, get out of there!

 Emmie and her pacie.
 Our first babies/restaurant adventure.
 St.Pattys Day
The Nelsons
 Our Little Irish Blessings...they make life so fun.
 
 

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE ALL the pics Jenny!! The ones were the girls are crying make me laugh, and the ones where one is crying makes me laugh more :) It's so cute to capture real life, and you do it so well :) I adore you and can't wait to meet those little munchkins!! xoxoxox sooooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ones of them sleeping and touching each other! So sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the pics, especially the one of them on the blanket and their tussies :) Thanks again for having us over. As Logan said, your table was so fancy! You are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...