Monday, October 14, 2013

"Mindful Mondays" 10.14.13


Loved working Saturday's Wedding along side of this hottie.
 
~MINDFUL MONDAY~
 
Yes, that's right...I'm changing things it up a bit.  No more "Manic Mondays"...as I recently discovered that a synonym for the word "Manic" is "Unbalanced"....and that is the exact opposite of what I'm seeking in life right now. 

When I started featuring"Manic Mondays" on my blog...my life yes indeed MANIC.  I was working a corporate job, while trying to start and grow my own business on the side...working all the time....spent WAY too much money on Starbucks, life was nuts. 
Since becoming a mom and {thankfully} leaving my corporate job..... life has naturally forced me to become a better balanced person...when you have children {especially two at the same time} I'm learning that you have to seek better balance in order to be a happy and healthy person.    
 
So, moving forward...I share with you no more "Manic" Mondays...instead "Mindful" Mondays...as a weekly reminder to myself not to get so hung up and intensely focused  on specific projects, instead.....focus on trying to incorporate all the important aspects of my life on a daily/weekly basis.... 
 
*************************************************************************
  

{Family}: Last week, Justin & I were hit with colds.....no fun, no fun at all.  Thankfully Justin ended up taking the buggies down to my folks home, so I could get better....although we felt kinda crummy we still snuck in a Sushi Date one evening a Breakfast Date one morning. 

{Friends}:  Confession...I'm feeling like a lousy friend lately.  I totally broke a big rule of mine and wished some of my dearest girlfriends "Happy Birthday" via text message, and facebook....this is SUCH a no no of mine....I better make it up to them this week.

{Health}:  Despite being sick, still managed to get in three walks with the buggies {170 minutes total}....but sadly didn't "track" my food for three out of the seven days last week. {TRACKING YOUR FOOD IS EVERYTHING!}  But I did reach a pretty cool milestone of 25lbs of weight loss since February of this year....feeling good.

{Career}:  Had a blast working a wedding with my favorite photographer {Justin} and also April Kuebler, Director of Catering at San Tan Elegante...love the venue and staff there!

{Home}:  My home looks like a tornado hit it....and we're having a party this coming Saturday Night... this should be interesting.  Didn't get to work on the home at all last week...but I'll be making up for it this week. 

{Yes This Actually Happened:} So every year Justin and I have an argument over what our Halloween Costumes are going to be {no joke} it hasn't happened yet...but we still have no clue what we're going to dress up as...it's kind of hilarious that we host a Halloween Party every year, but never no what we're going to be until the day before... Justin has suggested: Jay Z & Beyoncé {because that makes total sense???}Robin Thicke & Miley Cyrus{but that would be too overdone and too trendy} or Walter & Jesse from Breaking Bad {but we both would want to be Walter, so that wont work}....stay tuned...we are beyond clueless at this point.

{Fab Finds:} 
~The Farmhouse Restaurant in downtown Gilbert.  Sunday morning we woke up childless and very early...so we went on breakfast date...something we used to do all the time before becoming parents...and appreciated the time so much more now.  We tried out a place we've never been before, delicious food, and it totally reminded me of Casa Grande {my hometown} for some weird reason, I liked it.

{Feeling Appreciative:} To be healthy again! 
 
{Confessions:}~So in my delirious state of mind last week...I started watching LOST.  I know, I know, it's like sooooo five years ago...but my friend Aimee said it's the best show she's ever watched, so I thought I'd give it a try.....it has held my attention so far, though I'm starting to fall away a bit...the polar bear thing is bothering me, is that real, or was that the cold medicine I was taking?
 
{Baby Moments I Want to Remember:} 
Sippy Cups~Still Crawling like Baby Navy Seals~I swear they're trying their hardest to say "Mom"~Nibbling on Waffle Wheels~Emma has to eat her baby foods with her hands in her mouth at the same time~Hannah still tries to kiss everything~they play together so well~making new vowel sounds~love their morning walks~ 

{Highlights of last week included:}

Morning Walks
 
 THESE Two
 
The list of instructions I sent down to my amazing parents.  After I wrote it out I thought to myself...wow...that's a lot....do I really do that everyday?  No wonder I always feel "behind"...time to get more realistic with my time and expectations of myself {insert "Mindful Monday"}
 
 Loved the colors of Saturday's Wedding..cobalt blue, white, and silver.
 
 
I always have the best views...
 
Mom's always great about texting me photos of the babies...here they are with their Grandpa 
 
And their Great Grandpa
 
Deliciousness
 
They photo makes me laugh, this is my exhausted parents....after watching their Grandchildren.  So thankful for them!
 
And my little stinkers back at home...oh how I love those little tushies!



1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...