Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eleventh Annual Halloween Bash



Let me preface this post by saying, I can't believe at one point I actually said out loud " I don't think I want to have the party."

You see, as an Event Planner/Designer sometimes it's REALLY difficult to "go simple".....like REALLY difficult.  But what it came down to, this particular year was ....do it simple, or don't do it at all.   You see, we've been throwing these parties for many years now...and they had escalated into some really amazing events.....last year {also combining the Babies' Shower}...we hosted it at a venue with 75 plus guests, we had catering, dj, photo booth, floral, desserts, rented sparkling trees, hot pink pipe and drape...and well....yes it was AAAAMAZING. 

But now we're at a place in life where we simply don't have the time, budget, and much needed energy to pull off an "over the top" event {at least not right now}.  I thought about my Grandma Jane, who had seven children, had a job, and still maintained an active social life....  I had to ask myself...what's it REALLY all about???  It was refreshing to remember that it's really only about getting our friends together for a good time....and so...we did.

Even though we're now parents, we decided we still want to keep this tradition the same, making it an "adult only" event.  Of course we'll do tons of fun things with the bugs...but this is one thing that we want to keep the same...it's rare that we can get all of our friends together at the same time in the same place, then add in their costumes, and it makes for a hilarious evening!  This year the party was in our home, there was no theme, we simply called it a " Good Ole Fashion Halloween Party"...and it was a blast!

P.S. I wish I could invite all my readers....please know if I could, I would, I appreciate you reading, following and being there in "spirit".

P.P.S. To my attending friends, yes there's many more photos, and yes I'll be posting them to Facebook soon!

 
{Welcome Display, and The Host and Hostess, with the "Simplified" Mostess}
 
 
 {Chase and his Homies, Love these Peeps}
 
  
{Addie and Derek}
 
 
{Costume Contest Finalist}
 
 
{Tom & Claudia}
 
 
{Cheers}
 
 
{Brian & Kim/Fuzz & Lue}
 
 
{And the Costume Contest Winners! 1st Place = Luke & Marlene/2nd Place = Noah & Andrea}
 
 
{Melissa, Andrea, Me/Cathy & Nick}
 
 
{Tommy LOVED his He-Man Costume!}
 
 
{Bri & Donnie/ Stinks & Me}
 
 
{Party People!}
 
 
{My former Seville Girls}
 
 
{And...the night wrapped around 2am with "He-Man" doing pull ups, quite fitting. I laughed about this repeatedly the following day....Tommy cracks me up!}
 
 

1 comment :

  1. Awesome!! we had a blast!! woohoo Starrs! love you guys, it was great seeing everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...