Thursday, November 27, 2014

"Thankful 11.27.14"

Happy Thanksgiving All.

As I sit here typing right now...I'm fighting with some mixed emotions.  I'm feeling a little melancholy.  But this is normal for me around the holidays.  I definitely struggle a bit with holidays and worrying if they're going to be special enough.  I blame it on my profession, as I'm in the business of "memory making."

So when it comes to creating special "moments" in my personal life, sometimes I feel a bit panicked.  I often times have a hard time letting things just "happen."

 
But these are the times when I need to let go and enjoy and savor more than ever.  I often think the reason Justin and I were ridiculously gifted with two babies at once...was for this very reason.  I remember when I was pregnant one of my best girlfriends told me.... one baby wouldn't have slowed you two down enough, you needed two do try and do that.   
 
We have had many conversations this past year about "keeping things real." Case in point today....Last week we had the most amazing time at the Beach Cottages along with my mom, dad, and brother.  Together we celebrated "Beachgiving"..a term that I came up with and I thought was completely brilliant...until I hash tagged it and saw that several other goons in this world had already thought of this idea.  Anyways...since we already celebrated "Beachgiving" (complete with an outdoor meal consisting of muscles, swordfish and steak) we decided that "today" the four of us would stay home. 
 
So Justin and I had many talks about what "today" would be.  At one point we even called up The Royal Palms and considered making dinner reservations... after a few minutes of a  "keeping it real conversation" we decided that at 80 bucks per person...the idea of one of us sitting at the table while the other one chased Hannah & Emma around the restaurant sounded...ridiculous. 
 
So my friends....today the plan is to go out to breakfast...most likely the glamorous "Village Inn" (they better be serving pumpkin something for breakfast).  Followed by a day of decorating our home for Christmas....I have no idea how this is going to happen with twin toddlers...but we WILL find a way...somehow.  And if we can muster the energy the goal is to take the babies to Zoolights tonight. 
 
And that my friends is my morning confession of the day...thank you for letting me share, my heart feels lighter.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  And cheers to "letting each situation be what it is instead of you think it should be."
 
And the reason I feel so thankful......
 
~The perfectly imperfect family photo~
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...