Monday, May 4, 2015

{Monday Mix: 5.4.15} "This Little Blog of Mine"



Monday May 4th, 2015

Hey peeps.  Hmm, so this little blog of mine.  I've been in limbo as to what to do with it for awhile now.  My blog used to be my photo journal/digital life scrapbook.  But over the years...my blog has now become more of an extension of my professional business rather than a place to share my day to day personal life.  But I've struggled...
  • Where do I share my "personal day to day life" if I don't share it on my blog?
  • And why do I feel the need to share it at all?? 

Those are questions that have been circling around and around in my head for awhile now...and finally I think I've determined the answers. 

1.)  Moving forward I'll be documenting my personal life/day to day, week to week...chronological life via my digital Project Life.  (More on Project Life later).  In addition to printing out pages for my home albums I'll also be able to share my pages online. Instead of posting them to my J.Starr Blog I'll be posting to  my personal Facebook page.  This will allow me to share with family and close friends and set up privacy filters.  Plus it will encourage me to keep up better with my albums (work smarter not harder, YESSSS!)

2.) What do I share?   Bottom line, it makes me feel happy.  I've often felt a little weird about sharing life so much. The majority of my family and close friends don't blog...but they always appreciate that I do.  Sharing life makes me connect with family and friends better...but also gives me a creative/emotional outlet that ultimately makes me stop and appreciate life more.   So I've decided there's nothing wrong with that.  I just don't think my professional blog is the proper platform anymore....so I'm changing it up!  Do what makes you happy peeps, life is too short not to :)

Moving Forward

Here's what you can expect from the J.Starr Blog:

(Mondays)  "The Monday Mix" ~ Most likely this will still be a personal post of some kind.  Recent adventures, trends I love, past memories, future goals...really anything.  (it just won't be my chronological my life anymore)

(Wednesdays) "Weddings Wednesdays" ~ Wedding Education. Tips, Ideas, Trends, Styles, Wedding Stories, Real Life Wedding Couples, Etc

(Fridays) "Featured Fridays" ~J.Starr Weddings, Styled Shoots, Venues, Vendors, or just Fabulous People in general.

Yahoo!  That was quite a brain dump, thank you friends.  As always thank you for following my blog and supporting me and my business.  It means more than you know.  Change requires change.  Here I go.

P.S. I'm a big fan of Instagram.  I also share a good mix of personal + professional on my account here.


Much Love,
J.Starr



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...