Monday, February 11, 2013

Manic Monday 2.11.13

Favorite Photo of the Week: Yes, yes, I know a crummy cell phone photo, but the moment meant too much not to capture. Our first date night post becoming parents....at Stand Up Live ~Getting Our Laugh On

~MANIC MONDAY~

Highlights of last week included: So Many!  Highlights Included....~Finding ways to incorporate my old life with my new life...finding ways to manage mommyhood, running a business, managing a home, and spending time with loved ones enjoying life.
~My dear friend Naseem got to meet the babes
~The babies spent three whole night with my parents....and I only cried 4 times.  My Mom and Dad are head over heels in love with them...and we needed to catch up on our sleep and spend some time together.
~I was able to spend all day Friday with my favorite Partner in Crime &  Maid of Honor.... Aimee Sloan.  We spent the day together just being silly girls...it's a weird thing that happens when I'm with her...it's like I'm automatically in a time machine...and I'm 17 years old all over again. 
~Sleeping 8 hours each night, three nights in a row!
~Valentine Date night with my handsome hubs...Sushi & Saki followed by Stand Up Live, a super fun comedy club in downtown Phoenix

Last week I learned:
~I have to stay organized to keep up with these twinzies...one slip and my whole day is thrown off. 

~I need to find a "mommy helper" a few hours a week, specially Tuesdays from 9am to 1pm and possibly Fridays 9am to 4pm...if you know of any interested let me know :)

Yes This Actually Happened:
~I was struggling with leaving the babies with my parents...not because I was worried, I knew they were in the best care possible...just felt a huge tug on my heart...and of course my mommy guilt kicked in...are they too young for me to be away from them?? Is three nights too long?  But the truth was...Justin and I were walking zombies... and needed some renewal and needed a date night. 

Feeling Appreciative:
~For my parents.  They love being grandparents so much and have so much fun with the girls.  They have the ultimate "Grandparents Home" with birdies, fishies... and tons of fun things to do. 

Bringing Sexy Back:
~Doc cleared me for exercise....so my new 8 week challenge: 

Tracking meals daily/ 8 weeks straight 
Working out a minimum of 45 mins 5 times a week/8 weeks straight
  
HOW?  I joined Weight Watchers (no shame in that sistas)..... I want these extra pounds off asap, so I can rock the sexy mama look by summer.  Weight Watchers has these really easy online/smart phone tools to help track food/calories (points).  The only way I can motivate myself to workout is knowing that I'm taking in the proper amount of calories for weight loss. 

 And as far as the work outs go....I joined L.A. Fitness, that way I can get in my group fitness classes and cardio... Days that are just impossible to get the gym due to the twinzies, I'll strap those little monkeys in their pimped out stroller and walk. 
Justin's in the process of building a home gym...so I'll do resistance training with him.  That way I know I wont hurt myself (it pays having a Physical Therapist as a husband).

Super pumped to start this challenge.  Growing two babies and turning into a blimp wasn't sexy...but was worth every minute.  

New Fab Finds:
Spotify!!! Aimee introduced me..... I love it!!!

Confession:
At 3am last night while feeding H & E I found myself watching Honey Boo Boo again, dang it...why can't I turn the channel...WHY???
***********************

On the horizon for this week:
~Lunch meeting with my fab J.Starr Partner in Design, Renata. We're ready to bring on the Spring Weddings!!!
~Hopefully Blogging about the "Arrival of Hannah & Emma".. I have some really special photos to share with you.
 
Currently Listening to:
Scream & Shout by will.i.am

Quote I'm Loving:

 


1 comment :

  1. Always enjoy your posts! Glad you two took some time for each other and rest. Thats exactly what its like . . . from now you will constantly have this string pulling from your heart when you're not with you child(ren). Its crazy! You sound good and seem like you're doing amazing. Well, you are amazing! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...