Monday, February 4, 2013

Manic Monday 2.4.13


 

Favorite Photo of the Week: (My Little Family at Joe's Farm & Grill....Hannah was NOT happy about the giant rain drop that had just landed on her nose)

~MANIC MONDAY~

Highlights of last week included:
~Finally getting into our groove here at home with the babies
~Having Justin's brother Trevor and his fiancee Isis in town for a visit, and to meet Hannah & Emma
~My partner in crime, Aimee moved back to town and got to meet the love bugs

Last week I learned:
~As much I want to go go go....my body still slows me down. I'm still healing from c-section surgery and my lack of sleep doesn't help much either. I need to better embrace this and know that I'll be back in action soon.

Yes This Actually Happened:
~Like I said before, we had guests in town. We planned on hosting our Belated Christmas Dinner with the Starr family on Thursday night. Well, things were going fairly smooth...I got the pork roast going at noon...and then Justin and I decided to lay our snuggle bugs down in our bedroom and have all four of us take a little one hour nap. Well....three hours later, we woke up to find our guests preparing the meal..good thing they are family...right?? I felt so bad... but thankfully the dinner still turned out beautifully.

Feeling Appreciative:
~For my husband. Sometimes I tend to forget how amazing he is. (Especially when I'm sleep deprived). We managed to get out of the house yesterday with the baby girls and go on a little family outing to Joe's Farm & Grill. Though we stayed far far away from the crowds...as people tend to flock to our twin stroller...it was nice to get out walk around the farm fields and enjoy. (see photo above).

Bringing Sexy Back:
~So tomorrow is six week check up, where I should be cleared for exercise. The only thing bumming me out...is how crazy weak I am these days...it's really going take me a long while to gain my strength back, but I'm ready to start moving, as much as I can. Also I need to decide (like today) how I'm going to move forward....join Crossfit again? Join a gym? Create a home gym? Also and most importantly I need to figure out a solid meal plan.
***********************

On the horizon for this week:
~Finalizing some bridal package ideas with one of my favorite venues
~Having some friends over to see the little Misses
~Finalizing an organizational system for our home. (it's a weird obsession I have...which means I spend way too much money at office max)

Currently Listening to:
~ "For What It's Worth"....Buffalo Springfield

Quote I'm Loving:
Currently Watching:
~We managed to watch three netflix flicks this weekend....
"The Switch" ~ Super Cute
"Jeff, Who Lives at Home" ~ Surprisingly Really Good
"Everything Must Go" ~ Awful, depressing, lame sauce.

Confession:
~I'm sure most women would agree...that a shower in the morning, followed by time to put on make up, style hair, and put on a decent looking outfit...makes for a MUCH more productive day.

Currently Reading:
~"What to Expect the First Year" Uggh...every time I try reading I crash.

3 comments :

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!! You guys are doing so well and have been so loving to those little loverbugs ♥ I'm so happy for you all! And you've had such a great support system with your families and friends. I'm excited that Aimee is back in town, I know you guys will have fun experiencing the baby thang together. You two have been through it all and this is so sweet ♥ I love and miss you and can't wait to meet Miss Hanna and Emma! Hugs to you all and kisses to Olive and Sammy. Muah! xoxoxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bummed I got sick and couldn't meet my precious girls. So mad.

    Love this post.

    Love you four!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    If you need a gym or personal trainer I know an excellent one! She is amazing with nutrition as well to help you get jumped started =) Just txt me if you want info!

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...