Monday, April 28, 2014

Mindful Monday 4.28.14

 
 
{My handsome date Saturday Night}

 
MINDFUL MONDAY

 
Highlights of last week included:
~Friday Night I coordinated my first J.Starr/Venue Partnership Package Wedding! In the more recent past, I've mostly only done coordination for weddings using "My Vendor Team"...but through this new partnership, I don't always have that luxury....which makes coordination so much harder....but I LOVE the challenge.
~Saturday night, after many months in the making, my cousin's 10 Year Vow Renewal came to life! Coordinating an event for a loved one is a completely different experience as you're emotionally invested...it's harder in some ways, easier in other ways....but overall it's much more hilarious for so many reasons. It was beautiful...I can't wait to share more later this week.
~"Spa Day" at the Buttes with some of my most favorite girls
 
New fab finds:
~Not so much a "fab find" but I did get a "swagging" lesson from Miss April Warner, Catering Director at San Tan Elegante.  "Swagging" is a wedding trick to make linens hang extra fancy-like on tables...mostly cake tables and head tables... Laurie Southwick (Owner of Southwick Linens) would have been so proud;)  I still need practice.

 
Yes this actually happened:
~My children came face to face with an Alpaca on Earth Day...don't ask how an Alpaca and Earth Day go together, they just do.  The hilarious part was that Emma, who is afraid of a cuckoo clock...wasn't afraid of the Alpaca that stood RIGHT next her...weird kid I tell ya.

 
Feeling Appreciative:
~Family and Friends...wow so much to say here, especially this week.  My cup is full and I am grateful. 
 
Confessions:
 ~I need to invest in some new fancy flats.  I hate flats.  But they are a must in the Wedding World on wedding days.  I typically bring 3 sets of shoes on the day of my events....1 pair I wear during set up (typically fancy flats...as I'm in contact with a lot of people during this time) 1 pair (always heels) that I slip on a few minutes before the ceremony up until after the grand entrance...depending on how long I'm booked for...and my 3 pair (typically fuzzy, comfy slippers) I slip on after I'm out of client/guests site. I wear these to do my final notes at the end of the night and drive home. 
 
Baby Moments I Want to Remember:
 ~Hannah & Emma's first Wedding (Vow Renewal) they were such happy little party goers...I loved being able to dance with them, truly the best.  They however would NOT stop eating...they ate the hors d' oeuvres, then ate entrees, and when the dessert table came out Hannah was OBSESSED with it....Justin and I kept looking at each other and saying...HOW are they still EATING?  It was funny.
 
I Turn it Up:  
 
~Everybody Dance Now by C & C Music Factory.... special song that I'm quite certain my cousin had preselected just for me and her brother Andy...oh the memories we have spending hours jumping on her parents trampoline as kids, fun times. I had almost forgotten how incredible that song is.

Something Inspiring:
 
 
SPECIAL SNAPSHOTS FROM LAST WEEK:

THESE Two...
 
 Earth Day...Random..Yes, it was REAL
 
Into...Everything...love those little tushies

Doctor Checkup = Shots...No Fun

So grateful for THIS girl...

Friday Night Wedding ~ Mr. and Mrs. Hawk

Saturday 10 Year Vow Renewal...perfection
 
Same Couple, Ten Years Later, 10 Times More the Love... 
 
9am Sunday Funday Massages
 
I mean seriously....is it fair that she looks THIS beautiful at 29 Weeks Pregnant?

These two...my former college roommates....were just what the doctor ordered for me come Sunday morning...it felt heavenly to relax and unwind....
 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...