Wednesday, April 30, 2014

{Wedding Wednesday}: So, Wait...What Do You Do? What Do You Call Yourself?


Happy Wednesday All!  How we all doing today?  Thank you for reading. Those sparkly heels caught your attention didn't they?  Me too.  Love them. So today I thought I would take a moment to better explain what I do. 

Recently my brother-in-law was in town and he asked me what do you call yourself...he explained, I never know how to explain your job position?  I shockingly found myself fumbling around with my answer....which was a bit alarming.   I know what I do, but how do I best label it, so that non-wedding industry people can understand? 

It's a thought that's been on my mind for awhile....and then yesterday....thanks to Preston Bailey {Famous Event Designer Extraordinaire} I had an epiphany.   You see, in the Wedding World there are several different labels and titles....it's REALLY crucial to understand the differences and the way their roles will play into your wedding day...


Wedding Designers are responsible for the overall look and design of your event.  Floor plans, color choices, tablecloths, lighting, food presentation, invitations...anything, really that has to do with the overall aesthetic of the wedding.  Visuals are their job, not planning the execution of things....such as your procession, walking down the aisle, etc. 

Wedding Planners are the directors and producers of your wedding.  These are the professionals who will be your advisors throughout the planning and the execution of your event.  They are the ones in charge of budgets, logistics, timelines, etc.  Do not expect them to design your wedding. 

Florists are the people who bring your floral dreams into reality by designing and placing flowers throughout your event.  You should not expect floor plans or timelines from these professionals.


I'm a Wedding Designer & Wedding Planner...and the services that I offer are broken down in a way to best showcase the true difference between these roles and responsibilities.

 It's important to keep in mind, that every Designer, Planner, and Florist are different...some may offer cross roles like myself, some may not.  It's very important for the client to know ahead of time who does what.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...