Monday, April 7, 2014

Mindful Monday 4.7.14

 
{ My Girls....I kind of love it when Emmie throws little fits, because she looks so cute, it makes me just laugh....poor child}

MINDFUL MONDAY

 
Highlights of last week included:
 ~Celebrated 8 Years of Marriage....We "technically" already had our anniversary date in Vegas...but Hannah and Emma insisted that Daddy take them on a date too....they also insisted it be an amazing restaurant with incredible views.  He loves us.
~Lots of delicious time with my littles
~Overdue one on one time with one of my very best beloved friends, so good and so needed for the soul.

New fab finds:
  ~"Chicken Curry Salad"Mix of yogurt curry sauce, marinated grilled chicken, red onions, celery, carrots, golden raisins, red grapes and walnuts. placed on a bed of lettuce and brown rice, topped with lemon vinaigrette, pita crumbles, sumac and caramelized onions. I honestly can't stop thinking about this salad that I ate at Pita Jungle on Saturday...it's honestly that good.  And it was only 14 points, which worked out well, as it was my lunch and dinner.
 ~Scandal....umm wow. I can't decide if I have bigger crush on Olivia Pope or Fitz....
~Stitch Fix~ received "fix 3" last week....I'll try on share some details on my blog post Friday about my finding.

Yes this actually happened:
~For this first time in a long time I took a social media break for an entire weekend...and it felt amazing. .  As much as I LOVE social media, connecting with people, sharing lives...it is necessary to shut off the "noise" some times.  Because I spend so much of my work week online...this may be something I do every weekend moving forward...I also listened to Pearl Jam all weekend......it was the 90s all over again, it felt good.
~One of our Adirondack chairs was stolen off our front patio Saturday morning... a note was left behind....informing us that if we left candy on our doorstep by 10:15 the chair would be returned....Justin was pissed....I loved it. Sadly we didn't have any candy in our home...so I left a few granola bars instead...lucky for us the thieves weren't too picky...and our chair was returned.
 
Feeling Appreciative:
~For Friendships....getting together in person, talking on the phone....real faces, real voices.
 
Baby Moments I Want to Remember:
 ~Emma has officially discovered her eyebrows...and now she furrows them at any given chance, it's hilarious
~Hannah's really trying talk these days...she's speaking in sentences....We can't fully understand what she's saying but she's saying the same thing over and over. 
~They are both teasing us with almost taking their first steps (More so Hannah)
~They both do this thing were they climb on the ottoman and bounce up and down while waving their arms in the air in hopes that we will cheer " Go Emma, Go Emma, Go Hannah, Go Hannah"....cutest darn thing ever.
 
I Turn it Up:  
 ~Pretty much the entire Pearl Jam Ten Album...but specifically "Release Me"
 
Something Inspiring: 
 
 
Try it next weekend, especially if you need your creativity awakened.

 
 
 
SPECIAL SNAPSHOTS FROM LAST WEEK:
 
Final Preparations for Luke & Marlene's Big Day....

Little Girl, Big World...

 DJ "Nem Nems" in the house....

Little did he know.....eight years later...he'd have to date three girls...

 Daughter like Father...
 
 The Best...
 
Stitch Fix 3# has Arrived!
 
 Final walk thur for an upcoming "Downton Abbey Inspired Vow Renewal"

 J.Starr's Floral Designer, Renata Hodl....working her creative magic.....

 The Best...

 Chocolate Cured Bacon was our big purchase from the Gilbert Farmer's Market...haven't tried it yet...

 Happiness is....sharing a mini apple pie with two bossy little ladies.....

 My college Roomie... it was so nice to catch with her and her beautiful belly.

 Coloring Outdoors...although more crayon ended up in their mouths instead of on paper.
Agritopia Farms...we took a photo here in the same spot when their were 2 months old... time flies...

In search for the spring time baby lambs....

 All about Mom's glasses....

Story time at Sunset....again with the glasses.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...