Friday, May 23, 2014

{Featured Friday} Getting Dirty Session with Mr. & Mrs. Warner

 Rick and April were married in February of this year, and next week they are going on their Honeymoon to visit the beautiful waters of Punta Canna in the Dominican Republic. Before they head off...this beautiful couple embraced their last opportunity to celebrate their new union as Husband and Wife.....with a "Getting Dirty Session"
 
 
You might be wondering to yourself...what is a "Getting Dirty Session?" I asked Matt Wheeler, Owner of Still Life Studios to share his thoughts with us.....
 
"The idea of a getting dirty session came about in 2005, I believe. I had a client approach me about an after wedding photo shoot that was totally about their personality. I realized that I wanted to spread this so I began selling it and really trying to fit the post wedding session to activities or styles that matched the couple. From baseball fields to airplanes etc. I called it "Getting Dirty" because I wanted no mistake about the dress and couple possibly "getting dirty." A short time later the trend and term "Trash the dress" became popular and certainly helped us to sell more couples on the process." ~ Matt Wheeler


"The session ends up really relaxed and fun. Often the wedding day can be hectic so the dirty session really let's a couple have fun in the dress and tux and show off their own style." ~Matt Wheeler

 
I asked this beautiful Bride to share her thoughts on why they choose to do a "Getting Dirty Session"
 
" Rick and I both absolutely LOVED our wedding day photos.  We knew that we would never have the opportunity again to wear our wedding attire and get even more amazing photos, so why not? Who doesn’t want more photos of themselves looking their best?  But also, our wedding day went by SO fast I loved that we got to have another day to enjoy each other.  It brought back wonderful wedding day memories for both of us." ~April Warner
 
 
"To my surprise, Rick was on board with it right away.  He knew we would get incredible photos." ~April Warner

 
" I chose San Tan Elegante as the shoot location, because as the Director of Catering here, it's my second home.  I wanted to take advantage of all the different areas for amazing photography options...  Beautiful indoor and outdoor locations, classic and urban all in one place!"
 ~April Warner

 
I asked both April & Matt for their tips for having a successful session:
 
Go all out.  Get your hair and makeup done again, feel your best because you may never have the opportunity to do this again!" ~ April Warner
 
"Brainstorm with us for a unique location and experience. Don't be afraid to take risks with the outcome of the dress and pay the extra few buck for the  tux insurance." ~ Matt Wheeler
 
 
"It was so relaxed and nice not worrying about where we had to be next." ~April Warner



To view more stunning and super fun "Getting Dirty Sessions" view Still Life Studios gallery here. {Click on Weddings, Portfolios, Getting Dirty Sessions}

VENDOR TEAM:
 
Still Life Studios, Photography {Bridget Levi & Nathan Ethington}
Suzanne's Bridal (Dress designed by Ella Rose), Bride's Wedding Dress
J.Starr Stylized Weddings, Shoot Coordinator
Amber Dewey, Hair
La Bella Artistry, Make Up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...