Monday, June 29, 2015

Life as a Mamapreneur Vol. 2


Life as a Mamapreneur Vol. 2:
My "Must Not" List


In my post last week, I shared a few things I do that help me to better balance my "Mamapreneur" life. (If you missed it, you can find it here!) Today I thought I'd continue with that theme and share a few things that I try really hard not to do. Trust me, I've learned the hard way!  If any of these tips can help you have better days, then that would make this blogger happy!
  • Attempting to work or take calls when I'm with my kiddies ~ No way, no how.....it's just not possible.  Sure, every now and then I can slip in a business related text message or answer back quickly to a time sensitive email...but even those are on rare occasions.  I explain to my clients up front that I have set business hours when I can be reached.  This in turn makes me better handle my business in a controlled, professional, and focused manner.  But even more importantly, it really helps me to enjoy quality time with my little's.  I saw a quote once that was an arrow straight to my heart and shook me a little bit....it said, "Children are not the distraction...." Ouch, so true.  I keep reminding myself to soak in as much time as possible with these little humans (even if it means I go a little nuts sometimes.)
  •  
  • Comparison ~ This is something we all do. Sadly, I think it's inevitable... and especially with social media. It's hard not to compare ourselves to others, and this can make you feel inadequate. When you see someone else's life looking the way you want yours to look, it can be difficult to get it out of your mind.  "She's booking more clients. She's doing fun mom stuff with her kiddos. She's an amazing cook. She's got a rockin' body....Just Shut it Down. Everything you (we) see online, for the most part, is a highlight reel of everyone's life...you're only seeing the best of the best (mine included!).  At the end of the day we're all human...We all have our struggles and strengths. I make an effort to remind myself not to spend precious time comparing myself to others...it's so unproductive.  Rock your strengths, help others... and put some effort in your weaknesses.  We're all in this together.



  •  Negativity Online You will rarely ever see me post anything negative or "whine-y" on social media.  I often feel like sometimes I come across as the "Marcia Brady" of the internet, but that's because...no one wants to hear negative stuff, especially online.  It's just too darn dangerous and can be misinterpreted very easily (especially when it comes to business peeps). Sure I have my low moments and difficult days, just like everyone does, but I save those conversations for my family and close friends.  Wait...do phones still make phone calls?  :)

If you would like to read more about my life as a mamapreneur, check out these past posts!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...