Thursday, September 20, 2012

How I Broke the News to Justin...


On Friday May 4th, 2012.... I was driving home from work excited about the upcoming weekend... little did I know my life was about to change BIG TIME within the next hour.

After picking up Sammy and Olive from Doggie Daycare... I drove by a CVS drugstore and flipped a u-turn. I'm not sure what prompted me to do this. A co-worker/friend of mine and I had been teasing each other about possibly being pregnant as we had both been on pins and needles coming off of wedding season. I had started trying to do the math in my head...and since I'm not that great at mental math...thought hmm... maybe.
 
 
As soon as I got home, I took the test...and right away the test showed pregnant!
I was in complete SHOCK. I didn't know what to do, I opened the bathroom door to find Sammy sitting in the hallway staring up at me. I sat down next to her and said "Sammy, I think I'm pregnant"...she then let out one loud sharp bark...indicating that she wanted dinner. Umm...okay I guess I'll feed the dogs?
 
 
I then paced around the house shaking with excitement....then Justin called. I knew that I didn't want to tell him over the phone, so I had to keep our conversation short. I told him I wanted to go somewhere "nice" for dinner....he was like "okay, if you really want to, but I'm really hungry"....I told him to call me when he was done with his last patient and we would go from there.

Then I started rushing around the house, still shaking. I took another pregnancy test...yep still pregnant. I searched online for romantic restaurants and started making calls...finally getting through to The Salt Cellar (one of our favorites)...and was able to make a reservation at 9pm.

Then I had to figure out what to wear.....I wanted to find the perfect "We're having a baby" outfit. I fumbled around my closet, my hands still shaking trying on dresses until finally settling on my all white flowing dress. Then Justin called, and I told him to meet me at the Salt Cellar...he seemed kind of confused and hungry...but luckily didn't question anything { I love this man}.

On the way there, I kept rehearsing what I wanted to say...but kept forgetting...I was still in shock and everything felt so dream like. Finally right as I was pulling into the parking lot...my phone rang {it was him}~ at that moment I saw Justin's car parked under a light post. I told him I saw his car and that I was parking.

I remember thinking to myself..I should check those tests again, just to make sure...as I had them in a zip lock bag in my purse {weird, but true}. But I don't think I actually checked, my heart was pounding and I just wanted to see him.

I opened the car door and saw him across the parking lot looking at me and smiling. At that moment everything felt like slow motion...I walked across the parking lot up to him, very nervously...and he said You look so beautiful, are you really my wife?
I knew right then and there that was the moment...I knew I had to tell him right then.

{Me} I have something to tell you....he immediately took three steps back looking me directly in the eyes... {Justin} You're Pregnant? ....{Me} Yes

He was shocked and so happy. I've never seen him so stunned and happy before. I think he was more excited then me as I was still in a state of shock...  
 
{Moments after I told him the big news}

 
{The Perfect Night...We're Going to Be Parents!}
 
 
{Pure shock, really...it's possible for me to get pregnant??
That's so domestic... and I'm not? Really...Me?? YES!!!}

We eventually, made our way into the Salt Cellar for dinner ~ our reservation wasn't for another 30 minutes. So we sat at in the lounge and ordered an appetizer. {The Shrimp San Remo...heavenly)
 
 
Justin immediately told the cocktail waitress the big news... I was totally embarrassed...but I didn't say anything..he was so excited.
 
 
We had an amazing dinner, I was still in a state of shock and could barely eat. Justin said he wanted to tell everyone, I had the opposite reaction, I wanted to keep this a secret for awhile.
It was a night that I'll never forget.... Justin's reaction was the BEST. It made me so happy to see him so happy. We had talked about this moment for years...but couldn't believe that it was really happening.
 
 
I still can't believe this is really real. Thank you Justin for making this night so perfect, just by being you.

 
 


4 comments :

  1. Aww... This made me tear up. You two will be fabulous parents. Those little ones are so lucky. Now we need to hear the story of your reaction to finding out it was twins!!! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying right now. I love this story. Its just perfect! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop this cuteness! You two are so stinkin' adorable! I had tears the whole time.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just read this...Tears of love in my eyes ♥ I'm so happy for you both, love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...