Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's With the Whole Beatles Thing???


Morning Readers,
How we doing today? I just stumbled out of bed.. Justin's already at work, Sammy and Olive are chewing on their bones.
My body feels like it got hit by a train. At work yesterday I put over 350 chair covers on a "tester" chair to make sure they were all the same size all by myself. It was one of those several projects that I had been putting off for months. I have this huge assortment of chair covers, but they're all a different style and fit....and the only way to really sort them out (as you can't judge by eye) is to try them on for size. 4 hours later....done and done, but my back is aching... as carrying all this weight in my preggo tummy is a bit of challenge...I'm 98% sure that I will some way, some how sneak in a massage today.
Then last night after work, I spent time with Chris and Nina, my darling couple getting married in Laguna Beach next weekend.... I was exhausted but Nina made steak and scallops which made it all worth it. Stay tuned........for more on this upcoming destination wedding couple!



So this morning... I want to talk about the Beatles. You know as in....Paul, John, George, and Ringo and specifically why I chose the "The Beatles/All You Need is Love Theme" for our upcoming 10th Annual Costume Party/Adult Baby Shower.




People either LOVE the Beatles....or they "just don't get it". Especially people in my generation, as John Lennon was killed only ten days after the day I was born. We didn't grow up with "The Beatles"... our parents did. This is really "our parents" time period, their music, they're the ones "who get it".
Why am I so drawn to it? It really was one particular experience that completely BLEW MY MIND... and I've never looked at the Beatles the same again.




It was Thanksgiving weekend, the year was 2008. It was a difficult time in life, things were changing and I had no control over all these changes. I just had to believe that everything would be okay. Some way, some how one night, my brother, my mom, Justin and myself ended up in the Mirage seated to see The Beatles LOVE Show.
The entrance to the show was crazy impressive, almost like a Disneyland ride... so the excitement was building.




THEN, the lights went out, the music started... and my mind was officially BLOWN! I couldn't hardly contain myself, I was 28 years old and completely mesmerized {like that feeling when you're kid and it's Christmas morning}. I had to cover my mouth to keep from ooohhing and aweeing out loud.



Prior to this, I would say I was not a Beatles fan at all. The music seemed cute and all, but I totally didn't "get it" nor really care. It wasn't until this moment.... that "I got it". And it kept speaking to me every since.




I won't go into detail as to what I saw....it's just way too unbelievable to try to describe, something you MUST experience first hand!!!!! SERIOUSLY!
Do NOT leave Las Vegas without experiencing this... it's worth every dime! You will never been the same again and life will be richer and much more colorful, I promise!

Sounds totally weird, I know... but it's so true. It will stimulate all the creativity in your soul. It didn't just have this effect on me Justin was captivated too...and my brother (who's 10 years younger)...completely "got it" and was also awestruck. And my mom, she's the original "Beatles Girl" true and true...she wept, and it made me only wish that my dad could have seen it.




At that moment, all the songs just made sense and really spoke to the heart. And I was shocked to realize that all of those songs were by The Beatles. I had heard them several time but never realized they were all by The Beatles.



Their music is the kind of music that makes sense no matter what time period we're in.. you can apply the lyrics and meanings to modern day life...and it just makes you feel good, sad, and amazing all at the same time.




I think that "The Beatles" is to us, what "Michael Jackson" will be to our kids one day. Nothing will every really be able to compare. 



And that's why Justin and I chose "All You Need is Love"...for our theme, because it may sound trite and wee bit cheesy, but it's SO TRUE, that's all any of us really need.

  And I thought this was the perfect party theme to celebrate the soon to be arrival of our baby girls. I also feel like in a way..... it pays tribute to our parents... I think Justin and I had parents who raised us very similarly...being that we were definitely very loved children, and that will certainly be passed on to our children.




I so wish I could invite the entire world to our party, but my budget will not allow... but for those of you readers who WILL attend, get ready for pure awesomeness...and if you need some more costume inspiration...I put together some ideas for you here.



To view a clip from the famous LOVE show in Vegas Click Here. {Then view the trailer}  Seriously, like right now.  For Real. Enjoy!  




1 comment :

  1. Love this post. Okay . . . you might possibly of gotten me to open my mind to them and start listening to them. Yes, world, let the record show . . . Melissa might start diving into this whole Beatle world. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...