Thursday, June 6, 2013

J.Starr Magazine Editorial Shoot at The Valley Ho



Well, if I had to pick my proudest professional accomplishment of 2012, this would be the day.  Yes, I'm very proud that all my design concepts came together so beautifully...but honestly I'm more proud of the fact that, this day, didn't cause me to go into labor...because, well....I looked like this ~ Yes, I was 33 weeks pregnant with twins.

 
 
 Truth is, I was really worried that I might not be up to this challenge physically.... but I had the Publisher of Arizona's Finest Magazine; Teri Ambrose and a vendor team of twelve different companies depending on me to pull this off.....and I did, with the help and support of my amazing J.Starr team. {Thank you April Kuebler, Renata Hodl, and Melissa Jonovich}
 
Teri had called me in October and asked me to be a featured Planner/Designer on a photo shoot for a 2 page spread {and cover!} for their upcoming June 2013~June 2014 Magazine.   I was thrilled, but as Teri and I starting talking we both realized we would have to move quickly on this project as my belly was expanding daily.   I was thrilled when she told me that the location she had chosen for me was The Valley Ho.  I then assembled my vendor team, choosing vendors that I knew could pull off this desired "look".
 

 
 
And with this news, my mind started spinning with ideas....ultimately coming up with the concept. Retro Romance. I scoured my bridal magazines, researched the history of The Valley Ho and the time period when it was first built, I hunted the internet....looking for retro inspiration....and consulted with several of my trusted industry artist friends....and of course walked the grounds of Valley Ho with my partner in creative crime, my love...Justin Starr. 
 
Justin {being a professional photographer himself} and somewhat of a perfectionist...has a very detailed and critical eye.  Our brains work in complete opposite ways.....and though our conversations can get complex and frustrating....I'm always beyond thrilled when the ideas come to life.  
 
I arrived on property at 10am and all the magic started to come together....and I was in my zone, my happy place, my element.  I LOVE seeing my ideas come together.... I can day dream about them in my head, make sketches and floor plans, but there is nothing more exciting than seeing it unfold in person.  And at 8pm that night, my dear friend April pushed me out the front of the hotel doors in wheelchair {I had borrowed it from my Granny just in case} with my arms full of gorgeous flowers from the shoot......a moment I'll always remember ~ April, I love you!
 
To see this spread in person and read the article that explains the vision and concept and all the beautiful details that went into this shoot, please pick up the latest Arizona's Finest Wedding Magazine today and turn to pages 88 through 91. 
 

 
And of course, a HUGE thank you to our talented Vendor Team on the Shoot:
 
 
MAGAZINE
Arizona's Finest Wedding Sites and Services : www.finestweddingsites.com  
EVENT DESIGN AND STYLING
J. Starr Stylized Weddings & Events: www.jstarrweddings.com 
VENUE
Hotel Valley Ho: www.hotelvalleyho.com
PHOTOGRAPHY
Erica Velasco Photographers:
www.ericavelasco.com
FLORAL
Garden Gate Flowers: www.gardengateflowersaz.com
CAKE
Piece of Cake Desserts: www.arizonaweddingcakes.com 
CHAIRS AND DISHES
Classic Party Rentals: www.classicpartyrentals.com
HAIR
Lisa Berger: www.thehairchick.com
MAKEUP
Linda Valenzuela: www.miacosmetics.com
GOWN
Suzanne’s Bridal Boutique: www.suzannesbridalboutique.com
GROOM’S ATTIRE
Mr. Formal: www.mrformalaz.com
INVITATIONS AND PAPER DETAILS
The Event Essentials: www.theeventessentials.com
LINENS
Southwick Linens: www.southwicklinens.com
JEWELRY
Claudia’s Custom Jewelry: www.designsbyclaudias.com 
 
 
 
 
 



3 comments :

  1. Jennifer, you are perfection! We loved the look of this shoot and you, along with the rest of the team, made it all come together so smoothly. That statement right there is worth GOLD since pulling off a shoot that looks good and runs smoothly takes a talent for design and a slew of other "people" skills, etc. No wonder you are such a FAB wedding planner!
    Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. W O W ~ amazing work, Jen! What a great professional moment for you, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS perfection!Good job Jen! Any bride would be lucky to have you plan their special day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...