Friday, October 31, 2014

{Featured Friday}: "Starr Freakshow"



 
 Happy Halloween to all you freaks out there!
 
This morning I thought I'd share with you some highlights from our 12th Annual Halloween Party!  To all my party goers, thank you for coming and thank you for your patience with me on sharing these photos.  It's been a busy past couple of weeks, hence making me feel more at peace with my decision to make this our last "adult Halloween" party.  I've come to realize that when you work in the Wedding Industry (both of us) and you have small children (both of us, hee hee) hosting a "killer" party in October (one of the most popular wedding months in Arizona) just isn't feasible.
 
But I have to say...our last Halloween Party was tons of freaky fun!!!
 
I also have to embarrassingly admit, I totally committed and Event Planner Epic Fail!  So, in my struggles to keep this party "simple" and "budget friendly" I had asked everyone to bring a item.  On the evite (uggh, how I HATE using "evite" by the way....I LOVE real tangible, amazing invitation art pieces...but like I said over the years, I've had to try and keep things more simple)  I have divided up items in three categories main dishes/side dishes, beverages, and desserts for guests to bring.  I had assigned the items according to their last names.....
 
Well, what I never did was actually go through to the final RSVP list to figure out how many of each items were coming.  The day before the party Justin and I were out shopping and gathering items  when Justin asked me "Are you sure we're going to have enough food?" me being my overly optimist self said "Yes, we're going to have plenty of food....we always have TONS of left over food after parties"   So we decided to focus one main dish: a huge batch of chili with all the yummy toppings....cheese, sour cream, chives, etc.... along with some additional chips and dips.  Justin kept saying "I really think we should buy more food"...to which I would say..."this is plenty, people are bringing food!"   So fast forward to the night of...as it turns out everyone who attended last names fell into the "beverages or desserts" category... our home looked like a college party!   Uggh....and the thing is... I was so busy hosting, I didn't even realize (the lack of food options) until it was way later in the night and at that point realized damn...I really should have ordered pizza!  Oh well, I'm quite certain no one left hungry....unless they don't like chili...in that case they left super friggin hungry and probably very intoxicated.  My apologies peeps.
 
Oh well, you live you learn...even Event Planners make mistakes.  This instance is just more confirmation as to why us hosting a party in October isn't a good idea (just too busy this time of year)...so moving forward the "Starr Annual" will most likely take place in the SUMMER and will most likely be CATERED!  Yahoo!
 

 I just LOVED how much everyone embraced the theme!
Jimmy the "Strong Man" + Kelly the "Fortune Teller"
Nyasha the "Fallen Angel"
Me the "Lion Tamer" + Jacquie "The Court Jester" + Brad "Ring Leader"
(also all former Joe's Crab Shack Servers! Peace, Love, and Crabs)


Matt the "He/She" + Dani the "Fortune Teller

Ty +  Julie "Conjoined Twins"
Donne the "Human Cannonball" +  Bri the "Two Headed Lady"

"Strong Men" Justin & Jimmy/ Plus Tom "The Tattoo Man"
Vanessa the "Zombie Performer" +  Eric "Mr. Ears"
Mo the "Tattooed Woman" (yep, they are all the real deal!) 

Jarred the "Magician" + Lacey the "Fortune Teller"
Us = "Mauled Lion Tamer" + "Strong Man" 
Brad the "Ring Leader" 
Derrick "3 Armed Man" + Addie "Bearded Lady" 


And that's a wrap...I'll share more photos of this night on my facebook page soon. 
 Thank you to all of the freaks!  And Happy Halloween All!!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...