Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Monday Musings 1.12.15" {Stylizing those Christmas Cards}


Hi Friends,

How ya doing?  I'm gonna go ahead and ask you all to pretend that it's still Monday okay?  I've been wanting to get my blog rolling again since the beginning of the year...but wow...how is it already mid January??  Rather than continuing to feel "behind" and because I really want to be very consistent with blogging this year...again...I'm gonna go ahead and ask you again to please pretend it's Monday?  Okay?  Great...perfect let's move on.

So remember the last day of 2014 when my blog post discussed wanting "Domestic" to be my word of 2015? Well...as part of that goal, I'm starting a new series on my blog called "Mondays Musings" and with this I hope to share little fun projects and inspirations that help to inspire you to better "stylize" your day to day life.  My hope is to feature people and their talents.....while at the same time encourage myself to tackle all the home projects I've been wanting to check off.

First up.  {Stylizing those Christmas Cards} 

After the holidays what do you do with all those gorgeous cards that your loved ones took precious time to send you? Do you toss them out? (please say you don't!) Do you file them away in shoe boxes only to be seen once every three years?  Do you cut out the pretty designs and turn them into Christmas ornaments or gift tags for next year? (my creative Grandma Jane used to do this)

I love keeping things of sentimental value....I love finding old notes from family and friends ~ it instantly takes me back to that time period and remember sweet memories.  So, yes I keep my Christmas cards. 


And here is how I displayed this year's cards....
 
I covered frames on the wall in my kitchen with pretty Christmas paper then attached ribbon to each frame.  I found these super cute little mini clothes pins from Michaels to attached the cards to the ribbons.  There they hung for the holiday season....I can't tell you how many friends and family members stopped and looked through all the cards (the clothes pins makes this super simple to be able to pull off the card and read all sides of the cards) Yes, Justin thought it was weird that I was covering up the lovely large photos in our kitchen of our children and weiner dogs faces....but hey, I had to find a spot in our home where my "littles" couldn't tear them down. 

 

And here is how I save and display cards from previous years.....
 

Please allow me to preface this with....this is not my original idea.  In fact, the very first person I saw do this (way before Pinterest) many years ago was one of my best girlfriends/former college roommate, Andrea Keegan.  Among many amazing things Andrea is a an elementary school teacher and also a Mommy.  I've always admired Andrea's organizational abilities...she's able to keep things organized, very functional, but yet still atheistically pleasing to the eye.   
 
Tools Needed:
Ruler
Hole Punch
Loose Leaf Binder Rings
 
Steps:
1.) Organize your cards (as best as possible) by size
2.) Measure out the appropriate distance of each card
3.) Punch each card (with a double hole punch) directly in the middle
4.) Slip all cards onto the binder rings, and snap!
5.) Set cards out in a pretty basket, to enjoy each year.
 
 
My little ones loved looking at the cards of past years, they would stare at them and point out people they knew...and point out themselves as little newborns...it really was so cute. 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...