Monday, January 19, 2015

"Monday Musings" 1.19.15 {The Many Efforts in Regaining Control of Our Home}


Okay, confession....I'm not really sure exactly why I'm sharing this post...other than to give myself some visual encouragement to keep going on these types of projects.

You see...just over two years ago....within the same minute, our family multiplied.  And in the past six months those twenty little fingers and toes have started to take over our home.  And, truth be told, I'm not one of those moms who's "ahead of the game"...no, I  never really read the "lengthy 'how to' baby books", I never joined the moms clubs, I don't know my children's "exact" current heights and weights.  Don't get me wrong....I adore my children and try to inhale them at any given moment....I've just, (unlike) my husband... never really been a "read the instructions" kind of girl. 

I'm much more the "learn as you go type"...and I'm not saying that's the "right" way by any means...but it's been my way...in some cases when it comes to me being a twin mommy..."ignorance is bliss."  So, when we finally take the much needed time to make our lives better....(baby proofing + functional) I get EXCITED....like really excited. 

Hello World...Meet "The Toy Closet"....
 
Special shout out to my Mom, who helped to inspire us getting this project going.  After Christmas and the Babies 2nd Birthday flew by...we looked around and realized we had accumulated tons of "little" pieces.  And, I realized that the girls weren't even really playing with the new toys!  Instead all these little parts were strung all across our living room. 

Toy Bins... 

So, we cleared out one of our hall closets of random odds and ends and officially deemed this area "The Toy Closet".  So now, every activity, game set, craft collection...has it's own spot.  The coolest part is...now the girls love going to the closet and picking out (to them) a new toy!  It seems to be way less overwhelming to them..and so much more enjoyable for them to focus on one activity at time.  

Clothing Bins
 
Another issue that was making life nuts...was the laundry situation.  My little ones found great joy in tossing all of the clothing out of the their bins and mixing the clean clothes in with the dirty clothes hamper.  So (although admittedly yes, this isn't the most attractive looking) Justin drilled holes into the bins and inserted bungee cords (yes, completely safe and baby proof) So yes, one more step towards "less laundry"...I'll take it!

New Gate in the Master Bedroom/Bathroom
 
I have NO IDEA why we didn't install this baby gate earlier...completely worth the investment!  Wow.  We have the formal dining room gated off ( it's my one "fancy" room) and we keep the office doors shut...but I really didn't want to keep our little snuggle bugs out of our room, they love it in there. But the open floor plan to the master bathroom was dangerous...they we're crawling in and out of the jacuzzi tub, climbing up on the vanity area... and getting their little hands into Mommy's make up.  It was crazy town.  Until now.  They have access to our room....but not the bathroom area..and I LOVE how clean our bathroom is staying. 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...