Thursday, August 1, 2013

In this moment...


This morning as I sit here sipping my coffee watching my babies playing on the ground and listening to Stevie Nicks in the background,  I feel so incredibly appreciative for my life right now. This is the first time I can ever remember life truly slowing down. Sometimes I feel that we had two babies at the same time because one baby  just wouldn't have forced us slow down as much as we needed to.
 
I'm doing things now,  I never thought I'd have time to do. I'm cleaning and organizing my home. And in doing so, I'm going through boxes and I can see within these boxes; proof of how completely chaotic and crazy our lives have been over the past 5 years plus. I'm taking so much better care of myself.  I'm tracking everything I eat , and to my surprise my baby weight came off very quickly and now I'm with continuing to lose fairly easily.  I'm listening to old CDs, reading old journals, I'm looking through photographs and it scares me to see how quickly life has flown by.  Hannah and Emma have truly saved my sanity in so many ways. You would think by having twins life will become more chaotic , but instead it's almost had the opposite effect on me. My life feels calm, manageable, peaceful. It's as if in a way these two little miracles calmed the storm.
 
Once in awhile, I have to remind myself at this time won't last forever. I have to be okay with not taking my business full force right now and truly being "okay" with that.  I have to remind myself that my sweet babies won't be tiny forever.
At the moment I'm feeling grateful. I feel so unbelievably grateful that I get to be home with my beautiful daughters.  I feel so grateful for my friends and family, whom I get to spend so much more quality time with these days. I feel so happy that I'm able to be a better partner to Justin. And I feel at peace with the growth of my business. 

 Life is good and I'm cherishing these moments.  I'm still a domestic disaster in the kitchen, last Friday Justin came home to a kitchen that smell like burnt cauliflower and a pork in the crock pot that have been cooking for 4 hours but was still raw (don't ask)... it's a good thing I set the bar low in the beginning of our relationship. 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...