Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Our Stay at the Hospital: {Personal Highlights December 2012}

**In case you want to "rewind" even further....**
The Arrival on Hannah & Emma {Part One}
The Arrival of Hannah & Emma {Part Two}

Let's rewind a bit {7 months}...life has finally slowed down enough for my sweet hubby to catch up on some photo editing...so today I'll share with you some of our most precious photos {including a few candids}. 
 
 I remember before having the babies, several parents telling us that the first 90 days would be "foggy" {due to have life changes and sleep deprivation} and now I can say yes, that's very true...but thankfully we took ridiculous amounts of photos...helping us immensely to remember this most amazing experience.
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 I asked Justin to write down his top ten most memorable hospital moments....and this is what he said:
 
1. Seeing my wife in the hospital gown in triage with the biggest, happiest, calm look on her face. 

2. All of the sudden the nurse came in and said “ready?”. It still didn’t seem real at the time. 

3. The tiny chair they gave me to sit next to my wife during the operation.

4. The first cry of our Hannah Bear. The most beautiful thing I have ever head. I fell apart and bawled. 

5. The second cry of our Emma Bug, so quickly after the first. The other most beautiful thing I have ever heard. Very different cries, but both so loud and healthy.

6. Wheeling the girls out as Jen was taken to recovery. Family was awaiting to see the new additions and I was honored to have that very special moment. 

7. The baby’s first bath and shots. They were so fragile and I hated to see them get those shots. They also got their foot prints taken at that moment.

8. The first night at the hospital with nurses coming in every 20 minutes and seeing Jen in absolute bliss hold her babies. Exhaustion started to set in. 

9. Sitting in that recliner chair and feeding the babies as I kept nodding off and trying to stay up. 

10. The day we were discharged. So happy to get home in our own bed, even if I didn’t get a lot of sleep. Scary with bringing our babies out into the world for the first time. It was cloudy that day and a little chilly. Things were just beginning.


 
 
  
 

 
 

My top 10 things I remember about our hospital stay, would have to be....

1. Seeing Justin hold our babies in his arms for the first time, as if he was a professional in holding twins {he'd never held a baby before, ever, you would have never known}.

2. The way my little loves felt against my skin.  They were instantly calmed when I would "kangaroo" them. They both slept best next to me, I loved that feeling, as if they knew I was their "home".

3.  The way their little heads smelled, like heaven.

4.  The instant relief I felt after surgery, like...that was it?  So easy.  I had built up this surgery to be this traumatic thing in my mind and it was really...no big deal.

5. I felt like I was at the spa in our hospital room....so much so that I even said yes {without even consulting with Justin} to staying an extra night.  They said they could release us after the second night, but we had the option to stay a third night.  I LOVED everything about it.  Justin and my family thought I was nuts.  I think I was just SO HAPPY, I felt like I was in the middle of Disneyland...I loved the air compressions on my legs, I loved the food, I loved the nurses, I was elated...finally I was a MOMMY.
 
6. Seeing my Grandpa Jim and my Granny walk in our room {separate times} and being so awestruck by our twin baby girls.  

7.  Poor Justin had to do most everything himself {until I was okay to get up and walk around}.  Our hospital didn't have a "well baby" nursery, so the babies were with us the entire time.  I don't think a nurse changed one diaper, as Justin took such wonderful care of our little cubs.  Though the last night I remember being terrified that Justin was too sleep deprived, I was so worried that he might trip with a baby in his arms.  At one point I remember saying his name over and over again just to make sure that he was actually awake and not sleep walking.

8. I remember one night my dad came up by himself {my mom wasn't feeling well} and Justin had to go in the office for few hours to submit some paperwork.  I think that may have been one of the only times that I actually fell asleep for a good solid amount of time.  I remember my dad telling me to sleep as he stood at the foot of my bed looking over the babies in their little clear bassinet, and when I woke up a few hours later, he was still standing in the same spot.

9. I remember my brother getting to hold his nieces for the first time.

10. I remember feeling so safe and warm inside that hospital room....I didn't want that experience to end, life felt so perfect and so sweet.  I was afraid of the next chapter, I was afraid to take the babies the home, I was afraid to drive in the car, I was afraid of the world because I had never had anything more precious to protect before ~ the outside world seemed so scary to me.

.....But 7 months later, we're doing great...and I fall in love with these girls more and more each passing day.  Little did we know, what was in store for us.
 

1 comment :

  1. You guys are doing you great! You make us with only one look pathetic! I love your #8 Jen! Kisses to you 4!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...