Monday, August 19, 2013

Manic Monday 8.19.13

Buggies' First Ponies!
 
~MANIC MONDAY~
  

 Highlights of last week included:
~Justin had the week off for vacation, I chose to only work 2 half days while he was off......so we had a lot of time together at home with our girls.  We thought for sure that we'd be able to get more projects done around the house, and thought we'd be able to spend some time with friends...then we remembered, we have two babies....managing realistic expectations can be challenging, when you're parents.

 
Yes This Actually Happened:
~I was on the search for a Bohemian hair chain, when I found baby (teeny teeny tiny) hair bands and clips...resulting in " Buggies First Ponies" {photo above}.
 
Confessions:
I had a mommy meltdown on Saturday.  I sat in the living room and cried, telling Justin..."It's just so hard sometimes".   Don't get me wrong, becoming a mommy is by far the coolest, most rewarding, most amazing thing that's ever happened to me....but YES sometimes it's hard.  I've been so exhausted lately, and my body constantly aches from carrying these little turkey's around. {I need to hit the gym more, to get my energy and strength back up}.  I've found that if I want to do all things that I want to do...I have to have a game plan and stay organized all the time. If I get behind...everything gets thrown out of wack.  I also have be more realistic with time and expectations.  Now that we have kiddos our lives have changed a lot naturally.  But I still don't want to surrender everything...I still want to grow my business, I still want to spend time with friends, I still want to have a pretty home...do fun things...wear make up and high heels sometimes... read a book or two...and I don't think those wants are necessarily selfish wants.  I just need to find way realistic ways to make it happen and work towards creating a better balance...and be more appreciative of our accomplishments when they do happen.  Wow, how do all you fabulous mommy's do it??? 
 
New Fab Finds:
~Bought myself a new "bohemian glam inspired" dress to wear to my "Tantalizing Tables" event tomorrow night. I realized as I was standing in the dressing room that this was the first outfit I've bought since having the babies.  Wow. 
~Menthol Back Patches, introduced to me by my smarty pants Physical Therapist husband! They feel awesome on body aches, I'm tempted to cover myself in them.  I never would have thought caring for twins would be so physically demanding.
 

Baby Moments I Want to Remember: 
We are entering a new stage.  They are little wild and crazy people now.  They want to go go to all the time. They are now eating stage two baby food, yahoo! They still roll all over the place, especially Emma.  This last week Hannah has started "separation anxiety" crying.  She bawls every time mommy or daddy step out of the room. It's so sad.  They both have top and bottom teeth coming in, it's beyond cute.   I know they're just about to start full on crawling, as they're both starting to get up on their knees a little bit.  They aren't quite sitting up all on they're own yet, but I know that's just around the corner too.  Per their doc's appointment last week:Hannah weighs: 16 lbs and Emma weighs 15 lbs & 14oz..
 
 
Justin painted frames and hung up are 101 lists for me!  LOVE IT!  There's just something so powerful about visually seeing your goals listed out everyday. It really helps  them to seep into your sub conscious...and before you know it you're crossing items off!

Morning Bugs.

 

Mad Bugs {after getting their shots}
 
It's not uncommon to walk into our home and see something like this....we we're working on an upcoming event project. 
 
Saturday.
 
Life & Times of Emma.

Sammy Dings, our First Baby. 

Life & Times of Hannah
 
Sunday. Funday.


 

 






2 comments :

  1. Love! Love! Love! You're doing great Jenny, don't be so hard on yourself :) You are doing more w/these two babes then most do w/o kids. Hang in there, and melt downs are normal...you're talking to a pro meltdowner. ♥ U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. You are do amazing and you have two! Us mommys are not doing it. You never feel like you got it under control or at your best in all areas. Its so hard! I love how the girls are starting to look different from each other. Love you too too much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...