Saturday, September 14, 2013

Home Tour: The Nursery Vol. 1

Good Morning.

Wow, I'm definitely having a "moment" this morning.

 My little loves are spending the weekend at their Grammie & Grandpa's home.  Last night I walked through the door {after dropping the babies off} and felt like a hundred pounds had been lifted off my back.  Don't get me wrong, being a Mommy is the life's ULTIMATE joy...but let's be real here...it's HARD work.   I always kind of forget that until I have time away from my bugs. 

It's totally weird to feel like an "individual" again...because as a Mom you're not.  You're always caring for your children..... you're always lifting and carrying, kissing and playing, changing diapers, dressing or undressing, making bottles, washing bottles, feeding, bathing, or those times when they're napping you're planning for what they will need next. 

This morning, I can do whatever I want to do....uninterrupted, and I so appreciate it.  But give me a feel more hours and I'm sure I'll be aching for my babies.  So while I'm sipping my morning latte...and listening to music with the windows open as hints of the fall season fill the air... I turn to my blog....

I thought it would be fun to share photos of The Nursery....

{Lemme Rewind a bit}

We moved into our new home right before Thanksgiving this past year...I was eight months pregnant with twins and life was an absolute whirlwind.  I remember every time I would drive to work I would listen to this song....{ "Easy" by No Doubt} over and over again.  I was so ready for life to slow down, I physically and mentally needed a breakI was worried about Justin...he had spent every ounce of energy trying getting us into our home, moving, unpacking, preparing for the arrival of the babies, while working lots of hours.  I knew we just had to get to that point, over the hill...we were almost there. 

 I just wanted a few moments before the babies arrived so we could catch our breath and try and absorb everything.  I remember looking around at our new home, full of boxes, full of new foreign baby things...and thinking...how is this going to happen??

I remember talking to one of my dear friends Jacquie.  I was sharing with her all my doubts on being "ready" for the babies arrival.  She, being a mother of three....encouraged me to get the nursery done before the babies arrived.  She told me it was part of the real "nesting" process... and that it would help me to prepare mentally and emotionally....so what if nothing else gets done...she told me. 

She was so right...I stopped obsessing about trying to make it perfect...and just focused on making it feel like "home"...like "family"...like it was filled with "love".   And it did get done before the babies came...I remember sitting in the rocking chair, just trying to imagine what it would feel like with two babies in my arms......


 
~Theme: "Precious Baby Girls" ~
 
 
~Tiffany & Co Piggy Bank ~ a gift from Aimee~

 
~Sweet Moments~
 
 
~Floral Baby Mobiles, hand picked by their Daddy~

 
~Color Scheme: Light Pink, Grey, White, Silver & Cream ~
 
 
~Tiffany & Co Bunny Bank ~ a gift from Aimee~
 
 
~Sign that hung in their late Grandma Starr's bedroom~
 


~ Feelings: Soft, Sweet, Precious, Clean, Simple ~

The rocking chair was a gift from my Granny...as she once rocked me in it.  
 
 
 

*SPECIAL THANK YOU:
To My Mom & Justin for helping me and my huge belly make this vision to come to life before the babies were born, and a special thank you to Jacquie Tuttle for the advice and encouragement.
 

*ADDITIONS:
Since these photos were taken, we've added a few more signature pieces to the nursery....a big fluffy button eyed "Piggy" & a big fluffy button eyed  "Bunny" handmade by Addie, sit in the babies cribs. Also a framed embroidered antique handkerchief that once belonged to my late Grandma Jane now hangs on the wall with the saying "Two old friends with a cup of tea..One of them you one of them me"
 
 
 




1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...