Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Manic Monday 9.2.13

 
 
Have I ever mentioned how much I love the wedding industry?  Oh I have? Good then, we're on the same page :)  This table above was a lovely display that was featured at the  "Soho 63" Grand Opening! The linens are from Southwick Linens and the floral display is by Jan Dekker.

~MANIC MONDAY~
 
Highlights of last week included:
~Met with Lou Patterson, owner of Urban Oasis Décor.  She's going to help me transfer my Creative Studio/Dining Room into a fabulous space.  I can't wait!  I love working on my home, but sometimes when it's my own space, I totally overthink it... because it's mine, I'm in it.  Do you know what I mean?  And for some reason, this room feels like it's the most important to me, because it will be the most "glam" room in our home.  The goal is to be able to meet with clients on occasion, as well as host dinner parties from time to time. Stay tuned for follow up photos....I'll also be featuring a "Home Tour" on my blog soon, starting with the nursery.
~My new lovely J.Starr Wedding Intern for the fall has come on board: Kelsey! So excited for her.
~Attended the Grand Opening of "Soho 63", it's a very cool wedding venue in Chandler.  {formerly known as "Inspirador"}.

Yes This Actually Happened:
~Woke up one morning and realized we were out of formula, dog food, and our fridge was very bare.  Justin had to work a 12 hour day...mom couldn't make it up that day...so I loaded up my bugs and was able to purchase everything on my grocery list, using the stroller as my shopping cart...it was a proud mommy moment. I've done this before, but not in awhile, as I've been hesitant to take the babies out by myself during the summer {loading them in and out of the car in the HOT AZ heat is just too much} It was a nice reminder to myself that if there's a will there's a way.  And I'm so lucky to have such easy going babies. 
~On Friday, I got stuck at IKEA with my mom and the babies.  As were finished shopping we realized there was a mini hurricane going on outside...pouring rain, flying trees, shopping carts slamming into parked cars... so I popped open some baby food and we waited out the storm.
~Pulled a muscle in my lower back/hiney region while loading up our enormous twins stroller. Later that night I allowed Justin to stick 8 needles into me...don't worry he's trained....and again it made me so thankful that I married a Doctor of Physical Therapy.  The next morning I could actually walk again, thankfully.

Feeling Appreciative:
~For my mom, who waited patiently for Grandbabies...and savors every moment of being a Grandmother.  And for the awesome apothecary jars she bought me for my "spa like" master bathroom "theme". 
 
Confessions:
~We finally watched the final episode of "The Office" and I screamed out loud, then cried when Michael Scott appeared on screen...I love him, who doesn't? 
~I changed the "diaper genie" for the first time ever... after 8 months of telling Justin "I don't know how it works" I finally figured it out.  Wow. Gross.
 
New Fab Finds:
~"Flat Out Light Originals", super yummy for wraps.  Only 90 calories. {only 2 Weight Watcher points!}
~I've been putting Fat Free Reddi Wip  Only 5 calories {0 W.W. pts!} on my morning coffee along with Sugar Free Coffee Matte (0 W.W. pts!} for a little morning pick me up. 
 

Baby Moments I Want to Remember: 
~No more swings! I can't believe it.  Ever since the motor died in one of them, I've been napping the buggies in their cribs and they have done awesome. 
~Hannah has been saying "da dah dah da" all week. It's so stinkin cute. I'll say Hannah, say "Ma Ma Ma" and she replies.."Da dah dah dah"
~This is going to sound weird...but sometimes I really just feel so "in sync" with my babies.... Like the feeling that they really are a true extension of me and my energy.  For example, the other day when I took them grocery shopping...they were just so EASY...as if they we saying" We know this is a lot of work for you mama, so we're just gonna chill"...Oh how I love them so!
 
 
 
Lou Patterson, Owner of Urban Oasis Décor...one talented girl, lemme tell ya!
 
Meet Kelsey! My new J.Starr Fall Intern!

Just a normal day in the life of Emma & Hannah

Every morning we find them like this...just chattering away, looking at each other. How FUN it must be to have a slumber party every night with your BEST friend, such lucky little girls!

Grocery Shopping: Twins Style
 
 I was so proud, got everything on my list...except hummus.

Grand Opening of Soho 63

L.O.V.E. the indoor Ceremony Space

 
Attended with my girl; April Kuebler, Director of Catering at San Tan Elegante

Love all the gorg details!
 
Special Thanks to Chase for hanging with his nieces

They love when mommy joins them.

One of my beautiful best friends celebrated her birthday this past week. Love you Addie Jo, and believe it or not, so does Hannah :)

Fun times with Grammie


 My Hannah Girl


Sissy Kissies


Hannah's Face!

Justin gearing up for his first wedding of the season!





2 comments :

  1. Whew! You are a busy girl! Love you! Oh, and I love Flat Outs. I have one for breakfast every morning. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many things about this post! Keepin' it real, girl! PS: those little ladies are so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...