Monday, September 9, 2013

Manic Monday 9.9.12


 
Emma and Daddy enjoying a Rainy Sunday morning and  Smooches....
 
 
~MANIC MONDAY~

 
Highlights of last week included:
 ~Officially welcomed aboard my new J.Starr clients: Luke & Marlene! They will be getting married in April at the gorgeous Copperwynd & Resort
~Had several successful client meetings last week. Saturday I met with three couples back to back...after my last meeting my face actually hurt from smiling and I was exhausted from talking {hope I didn't overwhelm my couples too much....I tend to get a little passionate when it comes to the event planning process}
~Impromptu visit from Bri & Little Miss Ellie, love spending time with them:)

Yes This Actually Happened:
 ~We've only been watching "Netflix & Hulu for several months. As of yesterday, we officially have "t.v." again.  We got rid of cable awhile back to save some coin, and also because I don't feel the need to "Keep Up with the Kardashians" anymore, my life is way more exciting.....for realz.  In doing so, we apparently needed some kind of antennae thingy to watch the basic stations...we've been so busy..it just wasn't a priority...so finally Justin bought the needed part and installed it....and now I can watch the news... and reruns of "Two and Half Men"...seriously, why is that show always on? 
~Youtubed Justin Timberlake's VMA performance and WOW....that white boy can DANCE, seriously SO IMPRESSIVE!  It's kind of a bummer that Miley stole all the press, because J.T.'s the one who really deserved it.
~Saw something hurtful on facebook that a friend/acquaintance posted.  It wasn't directed at me, but it still affected me.  I don't understand why people  use such public places to discuss such deeply personal topics/opinions.  I guess that's the scary thing about social media, you tend to forget how many possible readers your comments could be affecting....Perhaps that's why I do my best to keep my blog light and mostly ridiculous.  I wonder if my friend/acquaintance knew more about me if she'd still post her opinions so freely?  Oh well, you live you learn.

Feeling Appreciative:
 HUGE THANK YOU, to my past clients: Nina & Chris Cardinal for the referring Luke & Marlene to me :)
 
Confessions:
 ~ I still don't get Twitter.
~Saturday I so badly wanted to go out with Justin and the bugs and do something fabulous...but I was so exhausted I could barely put a plan together.  I suggested to Justin that I wanted to try out a new restaurant that I kept hearing about "Café Monarch"...then Justin reminded me that we have 8 month old twins and tried explaining to me the reasons as to why that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.  Later that night we somehow ended up in front of the t.v. watching SNL and enjoying some root beer floats...and life was good.  I'm still trying to find a balance between being responsible {respectful to others} parents and still managing to get out of the house and experience life (with the bugs}.  I'm learning that it IS still possible, but not all the time...much planning, some research, and lots of patience is involved.....last minute whims just aren't realistic anymore. And that's okay.
 
New Fab Finds:
 ~I'm kind of loving the new song: "Turn the Night Up" by Enrique Iglesias
 

Baby Moments I Want to Remember: 
 ~Justin broke out the "mega" baby gate...as those two little tad poles we're rolling all over the house.
~Hannah tries kissing everything...me, her daddy, her sister, her toys, and mostly herself in the mirror. It's so cute and a little weird.  She also can get up on her knees now, especially when you first set her on the ground, then she just FREEZES...it's hilarious.
~Emma continues to clown around.  She gets mad when her sister tries to kiss her all the time, it's awesome.


Emma
 
Labor Day = Chicken Kabobs & Wild Rice
 
Sisterly Love
 
 "Oh Hannah, what happened honey?"
 
Bridal Planning Meeting over Paradise Bakery Lunch = Success

 
All My Critters...all wanting food at the same time.
 
Hannah
 
I LOVE how they hold on to him, while he's reading to them
 
Hannah's Face! {on the left} Love their lil "Harajuku Lovers" bottoms!
 
 
Late Night Photography Timeline Meeting at Still Life Studios
 
Best Buddies, taking a moment to enjoy the rain.  
 
Tushies!
 
More Bridal Meetings...Let's get to Planning!
 
The "Mega Gate"
 
Saturday Night at the Starrs
  
Off to shoot a wedding in the rain  
 
Grandpa loves his girls.
 
 
 
 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...