Monday, January 6, 2014

Mindful Monday 1.6.14

{Ringing in the New Year}
 

MINDFUL MONDAY

Highlights of last week included:
~The ultimate highlight would be, hands down.....throwing my Dad a SURPRISE 60th Birthday Party!  My Dad is the kind of man who could care less about any gift... he's not one for fancy material things...what means the most to him is his family and friends.... so some way.... some how.... we were able to combine a great majority of all his loved ones in the same place at the same...and it was AWESOME.  In all my years of parties I've never personally thrown a SURPRISE party before....and to throw one for the coolest guy I know, was really something spectacular... this event deserves it's very own blog post...so stay tuned later this week for more details and photos on this special night!
~The following day, we spent with our entire Norris Family down in Casa Grande...although most of us were walking Zombies...it was tons of fun to all be together. {I'll share more photos from this too as well}

New fab finds:
~The "Dean Martin" station on Pandora is oh so charming {Thanks Aunt Chrissy}
~I'm also loving the droid app: "Rhonna" fun little way to dress up your snapshots. 

Yes this actually happened:
~On New Years Eve {and Day} the babies stayed the night at my parents home, so that Justin and I could prepare our home for the big upcoming Surprise Party for my Dad... we knew we wanted to do something for New Year's Eve, but both were lacking the necessary needed energy... we ended up at a revolving Sushi restaurant....and yes this idea sounds cool until you hear the guy across the room sneezing repeatedly on the conveyor belt...following dinner we grabbed a Red Box Movie "We Are the Millers"...I have to admit I thought Jason Sudeikis's character was kinda funny,..but the rest of the movie was...umm... well... pretty dumb...but maybe it was just my exhaustion.

Feeling Appreciative:
~For all my amazing Family Members!  I was so busy hostessing while mommying that I feel now like I barely got the chance to chat with anyone...but just know how much I appreciate all of you making Dad's Surprise Party so special, I know it really meant a lot to him!

Baby Moments I Want to Remember:
~I don't know what the heck happened...but I swear over the last three weeks these little babies have CHANGED SO MUCH!!!  They both stand and pull up all the time...Hannah has officially said her first word: "Fish"...Emma loves playing "Peak a Boo"...they are just so interactive and FUN!  Separation Anxiety to the MAX...which means I have a baby strapped to my hip constantly...so much that I have aches and pains each day...but who cares right??? It wont last long and I doubt when they're 16 they'll let me carry them around all the time. 

I Turn it Up:  Tommy James & The Shondells " Crimson And Clover"  Why is this song so fantastic?

On the horizon for this week:
~After two weeks of non stop special times... Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Babies' First Birthday, New Years, Dad's Surprise 60th Birthday Party, and a Norris Family Reunion... this Party Planner is officially beat... but I've so enjoyed relishing in all of the amazing moments....I'm looking forward to getting back to the normal sched.
~Excited for another meeting the IGNITE team on some upcoming partnership opportunities....along with a final details meeting at the lovely Seville Golf and Country Club with a special Bride & Groom To Be. 

Something Inspiring:

Love this, Good Reminder...

 

 
SPECIAL SNAPSHOTS FROM LAST WEEK:
 
 
I couldn't help but laugh, the girls had on cute pjs that were a little too big, and every time I'd turn around I'd find Hannah with no pants on. 

Justin just melts when he gets home from his long 12 hour days...

My ultra cool girl friend Andrea Keegan was doing this way before it was made popular on Pinterest. What is it you ask?  It's simply combing your yearly Christmas cards together with a binder ring, so you can set them out each year to enjoy... I finally got around to doing this...and I love it.... super cute.  Thank you to all of those friends and family that sent us cards this year.. and my apologies to all those that received our card...I know it was slightly obnoxious....but that's what you get when  you combine a  Photographer +Event Planner + Two Cute Baby Girls....just be glad the weenies weren't in it this year. 

Speaking of Andrea...she and her sweet Mom, and her son Liam...all came over for a visit last week...I so enjoyed their visit..as did Emma and Hannah. 
 

Packed away all of the Christmas Décor from the Family Room and Kitchen...happily discovered that we were able to check off all but one of our "Christmas Traditions To Do List"... we both want our little bugs "rich" in traditions and memories rather than gifts...
 
Fun Times at Grammie and Gramps Home on New Years Day

DJ Timeline Meeting for a Fabulous Upcoming J.Starr Couple

Speaking of DJs...here was the "prep" song list for my Dad's Party

My Not So Helpful Party Planning Helpers...

My Brother Chase preparing "Dad Trivia" Questions for the Party

YES, I actually taped balloons and love notes to each neighbor's door...in an effort not to get the cops called on our Celebration {works every time!}
 
The following morning the Birthday Boy Opened all of his Gifts and Cards {I didn't get any photos with my phone from the party, Justin took them all with his professional gear...so I'll post those soon}
 
Saturday we savored some sweet time with the entire Norris Crew down in Casa Grande
 
Emma & Ellie were two peas in a pod {must be because they're both the "little" sisters}
 
 
The Babies were finally able to meet their sweet little cousin Selah
 
The family was able to go through all of Grandma and Grandpa's precious photos to take the ones we each wanted..... talk about some amazingly inspirational people. 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...