Monday, July 16, 2012

The BIG Announcement.....


It's double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble because
we're having twins!
Saturday Morning....we decided it was finally time to announce our pregnancy to the world on my personal facebook page... I was 14.5 half weeks pregnant (3.5 months) we had told our of our family and really close friends in person or over the phone...all the doctor's appointments assured us that the babies were looking very healthy... so, it was time to share our big news.

We had done a photo shoot with our very dear friend, Matt Wheeler ~owner of Still Life Studios about two weeks prior...in which we worked in a couple different ways to announcement the pregnancy and also had him capture some final shots of "just us".   We had the final selected photo all ready to go, but had to wait until we made the last of the rounds with sharing the news with close friends.

Saturday morning, we finally decided it was time... my heart was pounding as I pushed "post".  And then a wave of emotion just hit me.....BIG TIME.  I just lost it, tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk... I completely broke down for the first time during my pregnancy. Justin walked into the office in pure shock,  thinking something was terribly wrong....he put his arms around and asked..."Are those tears of joy?".... I shook my head yes, he laughed at me.

At that moment for me, it was really realI couldn't handle the amount of joy and excitement in my heart.  Up until this point.... I was in shock, disbelief, and sub consiciously in protective denial..."This is just too good to be true".... but after getting through the first trimester, and starting to grow this little "bump"...and posting our most special news for the world to see... I realized....

This is really happening, I'm going to be a mommy!!!  I've wanted this for SO LONG~ but the timing had never felt quite right before.  And, to top if off, we get TWO little babies to love at the same time!!!!! I've never experienced so much joy before, it's so overwhelming.  I have no doubt in my mind that our angel up above (Mom Starr) helped with this plan, Justin and I are so happy and feeling incredibly grateful. 

Since our big revel, we've had a few questions:

Q: How did you end up with twins? Did you do something special?
A: Nope, just lots of love :) We don't have any family history of twins and we didn't (thankfully) have to do in vitro fertilization~ these little babies are totally natural~ purely miraculous.  In fact, without sharing too much info...these little ones were quite the surprise, we weren't planning on "officially trying" until this summer... these little babies had other plans (hence their Christmas due date!) I did however, always have a very strong feeling that we would have twins~ more on this later.  

 Q: Do you know if they are identical or fraternal?
A: Yes, we know now that they are fraternal, which thankfully makes the pregnancy at a lower risk because they don't have to share food~ they each have their own supply. (This is great news, considering they are Justin's children!)

Q: How far along are you?
 A: 14 Weeks, I'll be 15 Weeks on Wednesday.

Q: Do you know what you're having?
A: Not yet, we will find out the second/third week in August, we can't wait...although Justin has a strong hunch....

Q: When are you due?
A:  Technically January 9th, but my doctor tells me that with twins I'm considered full term at 38 weeks (which would make my due date December 26th).  The more twin mamas I talk to, tell me that they delivered even earlier than 38 weeks, so we shall see.  It would be amazing to be home on Christmas with the babies. But it's not up to this event planning momma. (yikes)

{For all my December and January Brides to Be...don't you worry your pretty little heads, I already have you all taken care of, I'll be calling you soon to go over all the details and game plan}   

A big thank you to everyone for your kind words, prayers, and excitement.  Our lives will change pretty dramatically in the next 6 months, but we're ready.  It's time!  





3 comments :

  1. Beautifully written. I almost cried too!!

    Lots of love =)

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying right now. Could not be more happy for you both. You are so deserving! Soooo exciting! Can't wait to hug and kiss them! They will be so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes were welling up with tears! Congratulations!! So excited for you.
    Much love
    Tiffany soon to be Noecker :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...