Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gettin It DONE....


Back to that 101 List, again I cannot express how rewarding and fun keeping this list has been!!!   For inspiration on writing your own list, visit my past post.  I share this not to come across as braggy and showie...but to keep myself accountable because the power of goal setting is such a powerful thing! If you don't write them, you can't check them them off~ and when you do check them off...take a second to be proud of your accomplishment!

...Let's see if I can get all caught up in one post.........

# 33. Achieve ideal weight goal prior to getting pregnant


 BAM! This was not an easy one.  It took time, dedication, sweat, and a lot of self pep talks.  At this beginning of this year, I wanted this to be my top priority rather than my 4th ( which I felt like it was all last year). So I joined Crossfit....which was beyond frightening at first, but over time I grew stronger.  For me, I HAVE to work out in the mornings, otherwise I'll spend the entire rest of the day thinking of excuses as to why I'm too busy to workout after work. I also ate approximately 1200 calories a day.  Which isn't easy, especially when you do a lot of socializing and entertaining (which I love to do) but having fun doesn't have to mean eating rich calorie loaded foods. Once I fully committed to this goal, the results came quickly (which is super motivating).  I'm sending out a HUGE thank you to my friend and former co-worker, Michael Dressor, who introduced me to Crossfit and coached me daily...helping me to re-prioritize my way of thinking.  Truth be told I was actually within a 5lb rang of hitting my target weight goal right before I found out I was pregnant...but HEY! A 5lb range is considered maintenance, so I'm crossing this goal off!
Since becoming el prego...I sadly stopped Crossfit.  I was super duper sick my first semester... but, I'm feeling MUCH better now, and I plan on re-starting my workouts this Friday.  (I'll be doing a much lighter, tailor made pregnancy Crossfit workout ~don't worry mom).  That way, I can hopefully only gain the estimated 35 to 40 (with twins) pregnancy pounds... and this will also help motivate me to jump back into the gym after these little twinzies are born.  I'll need to be a strong mama to keep up with two!!!

# 38. Participate in a "run" of some kind

This was super fun and I will totally do more of these in the future!!! And in all honesty, it wasn't that difficult at all.  I'd really like to challenge myself to do a half marathon. I was so sad because originally I signed up to do the Color Run, but came down with an awful cold that week (which resulted in completeing goal # 83)... so when I saw the 5K Run at the Zoo, I signed up right away...and ran it all by myself.  Check my former blog post to read more about my experience. Special thank you to my dear friend Melissa Jonovich and her son Gregory who met up with me at the end to congratulate me and take a fabulous morning walk around the zoo. 

# 95.  Work Out Consecutively for 5 WEEKS in a row, at least 5 times a week


Surprise, suprise this goal went hand in hand with goal # 33.  After the first 2 weeks it got a lot easier and almost dare I say fun.  The timing of my pregnancy was so funny, the week I finished my challenge was the week I found out I was pregnant.  Apparently excercise..does the body good :)

# 77. Go for a bike ride  


     In March (in honor of Mom Starr) the Starr Family hit up Pacific Beach in San Diego, and during this time...some way some how I got everyone on bikes at least long enough to capture this awesome shot. Everytime I look at this photo I get a big smile on my face thinking about how happy my (late) mother-in-law would be to know that we were all together and having a good time.  We cruised down the the board walk all the way from Pacific Beach to the roller coaster at Mission Beach ~ It was so fun! I just love this crew!

# 83. Spend the entire day watching movies


         One day back in January Justin and I both ended up super sick.  So... the best way to recovery was to spend the day watching movies all weekend long ~ and not feel at all guilty about it.
 We watched:
       Horrible Bosses, Dinner for Shumucks, Crazy Stupid Love, Contagion, Hang Over 2, The Source Code, Just Go with It, and 30 Minutes or Less.  I don't really remember much about any of them, as I was so out of it, but it was fun ~ I guess the most fun you can have being sick.  Sammy & Olive appreciated all the extra cuddles.

# 87. Allow Justin to do a fashion photo shoot with me as his model


         While were we in San Diego, our walk on the beach (On our 10 Year Dating Anniversary) turned into a little impromptu fashion photo shoot....it was fun. Having your photo taken is so awkward, even with your husband behind the lense and I was quickly reminded how exhausting it is to model.  Justin photography skills never cease to amaze me.

# 91. Attend a high-end fashion show

    I so enjoyed a hot date out on the town with my girl Kim. We got glammed up and hit the W Scottsdale.  We even ended up in the So Scottsdale Seen Section.  We're so fancy!

# 92. Learn how to apply faux lashes without the help of anyone else.. and wear them out, confidently!


In my opinion every 101 List, should have a few ridiculous goals.  This was one of mine. After watching one of my girlfriends (who shall remain nameless) be a MASTER faux eyelash putter on-er for years... I finally got the hang of it myself!  It's soooo much fun to slap on some super long lashes when you want to get your glam on!!!


# 26. Get pregnant, god willing...


I still can't believe this is REAL. 

# 97. Get pregnant with Baby # 2

(See My Two Precious Lil Punkins?)

CONFESSION: When I wrote my goal list back on June 21st, 2010 there were 3 GOALS that I wrote down that I had true doubts about:

Goal # 15. Convince my Granny to travel back to her home state of Nashville,Tennessee and go with her!
Goal # 48.  Have one of my client's wedding's featured in a magazine.  
Goal # 97. Get pregnant with Baby # 2

I'm ecstatic to share that Goal # 48 and Goal # 97 have been checked off!!! (and I'm still pulling for # 15 to happen too, so long as Granny's health can improve)

 I just can't believe it!!!  I remember when I first posted my 101 List online, my girlfriend: Aimee called me and said...ummm... do realize you have 2 BABIES listed on that goal list, 2 BABIES???? I remember laughing and saying, yeah... here's to wishful thinking..... I have no concept of time, do I???

And little did we know... I'd end up pregnant with TWINS!!!!  That's proof as to why writing down your GOALS are so important~ perhaps your guardian angel reads them too :)

1 comment :

  1. I'm so proud of you Jenny Starr :) You make me smile and tear up with pure joy and love. You are an inspiration and a down to earth girl that I love and adore so much. I'm so happy for you and Justin, these babies are going to have so much love from you and from the people who surround you everyday. Congratulations on completing your goals and being the amazing woman you are. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...