Friday, July 27, 2012

Celebrating (a Belated) One Year!!!


Did you miss the J.Starr One Year Anniversary Celebration Party??? Don't worry...I missed it too! I guess that's a good sign, business was so busy my first year, I didn't even have time to celebrate! But If I did, I'm sure it would have been a fabulous event ~ complete with trees made of cotton candy and a firework display!


I will always consider my "first" official J.Starr business debut day to be: March 24th, 2011. And today I want to take a moment to stop, breathe, relax, celebrate and appreciate all that has happened.
~That was the night of the Wedding and Event Networking Party that I coordinated the "Flashing Lights" fashion show.
~It was the first night I handed my J.Starr business cards, with my logo and my cell phone number
~It was the first night that my website went live
~It was a time when I felt totally vulnerable ... thinking the most critical thoughts of myself in my head and wondering what people were thinking....
 
 
But it's those moments in life, when you really have to PUSH yourself PAST all the noise in your head and JUST FREAKIN DO IT. Put yourself out there, make yourself vulnerable....that's the only way to really grow sometimes, professionally and personally. I now look back months later and think to myself wow....What would have happened if I didn't do that? Sometimes taking that first step towards your dream is the hardest part, add in some passion and dedication and things just start to happen.


I'm so proud to say that in my first year of busniess J.Starr Stylized Weddings :
~Coordinated the WEN "Flashing Lights" Fashion Show
~Took 2nd Place and was even featured on the news for the NACE Elements Design Competition
~Coordinated First Celebrity Event
~J.Starr Team Coordinated and Provided Floral Design for 7 weddings
~Provided Coordination and Design at the Phoenician for the AZ Weddings Holiday Mixer
~Booked First Destination Wedding
~Booked an Additional 8 Upcoming Weddings for 2012
~Booked an Additional 5 Upcoming Weddings for 2013
AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING BABY!

I feel so grateful for all that has happened, I'm shocked, and even more driven to keep business evolving! I truly have so many people to thank for all the support they've shown me...that I wont even begin to list names right now... but I will in a future post. I heart you all so much!!!!
So let's celebrate! I'm feeling excited and generous... How about a giveaway??? Okay, if you WIN you will recieve a 100.00 visa gift card to spend on anything your little heart desires!!! How cool is that??

Here's the requirements to enter and YES anyone can enter!!!

1.) You must be a Fan of the J.Starr Stylized Wedding Business Page (if you aren't already) (LIKE ME BY CLICKING HERE)
2.) You have to leave a comment on the blog post {below} Please leave one of your all time favorite movie lines.
That's All! I'll post the winner (chosen randomly) next week, so stayed tuned Peeps and thanks for playing!!! Have a fab weekend!

8 comments :

  1. I am so proud of you, LOOK at you Miss Fancy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I am so excited for you accomplishment and am a huge fan of all you do. My favorite movie quite is from Notting Hill when Julia Roberts says " I am just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her". Contests
    Your December 8th bride sara and groom Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always be a fan of Jennifer Starr. She is inspiring, insightful, beautiful, smart, loving and most of all...awesome. One of my favorite movie line is "I wrote you everyday for a year!" from The Notebook. I LOVE that movie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 1 year!! :D
    Movie Quote, " To infinity and beyond!" Toy Story

    Isis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen I'm soooo proud of you!!!! You're doing it!!! You are amazing!!

    Great quotes so far! I live this one from one of my faves "Dirty Dancing":

    I'm scared if walking out of this room and never feeling again the way I feel when I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock J Starr!
    Gilbert Blythe: "It'll be three years before I finish medical school. Even then there won't be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls."
    Anne Shirley: "I don't want diamond sunbursts, or marble halls. I just want you."

    ummmm I get so giddy every single time I watch this part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, im so proud of you and your amazing accomplishments! You are very inspiring! My fav movie quote is "Drive, monkey! Drive!" From Grandma's Boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't judge...

    'no shampoo is better it makes your hair shiny and clean' - Billy Madison

    I am not one for movie lines, unlike Jimmy who has them down pat. Congrats on all your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...