Monday, October 29, 2012

Manic Monday Vol 15


(29 Weeks Pregnant/ 7 Months, with Twins)

MANIC MONDAY ~ Have to catch an early train, got to be to work by nine. And if I had an air-o-plane I still couldn't make it on time. 'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna wear...Blame it on the train but the boss is already there....


Highlights of last week included: {What a Week!}
~I was totally honored to be asked to be a featured Planner/Designer on an upcoming photo shoot at a very swanky venue to be included in a 2 page spread in Arizona's Finest Wedding Magazine! I have to keep quiet on the details for now...until the magazine is published in June of 2013...very exciting!!! Babies hang in there until momma gets the shoot done.
~OFFICIALLY CLOSED ON OUR NEW HOME
~Had my professional in studio maternity photos taken {and not a moment too soon}
~Got our KEYS, and celebrated with some bubbly (yes, I had one whole sip) fruit and cheese
~Had a fabulous J.Starr Wedding Day for a very sweet bride & groom
~Officially GAVE MY NOTICE at my "day" job...in a few short weeks I no longer will be the Director of Wedding & Event Sales at Superstition Springs Golf Club...instead I will pursue J.Starr Stylized Weddings & Events FULL TIME!!! This has been a dream and opportunity I've been waiting for.....for a LONG time!!! Feeling so happy!

Last week I learned:
~We stood in our new home feeling so happy and so relieved...and then it hit us....a wave of feeling COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. I had a difficult time this week with the pregnancy, several days this past week....I found it very painful to walk. Which of course has sloooowed me down quite a bit. As much as we'd like to be moved in RIGHT NOW...our new home needs new carpeting, new flooring first.... not to mention finish up packing our condo, sell our condo, buy a new car (one of ours died, completely, we've been renting up until we closed)... set up the nursery....the list goes on and on.

But we did take a moment to savor (completely initiated by Justin) to enjoy the "present" and the mere fact after all of the "home searching" stress, we do indeed NOW have a home to bring these babies home to. So much to feel grateful for. Things will hopefully continue to fall into place, so long as these little babies can stay put a little while longer.


Yes This Actually Happened:
~I had be wanting to do my "official" studio maternity session for quite a while...but with everything we have going on, it kept getting pushed back. Finally we made it happen (see two photos above), yes it was at 9pm on a Thursday and we didn't finish until midnight...but it got done. I'm so thankful...we've done so many of these shoots for several of my girlfriends, I would have felt so sad if we didn't seize this moment.

Truth is, this particular night...I was exhausted...I could barley walk, much less pose and "work it". Justin had to practically carry me. Looking through the photos now, I can't believe I actually made it through the shoot...it took a LONG time for me to get warmed up, before he could get a "natural" smile out of me.

Lesson learned ladies! If you're pregnant with one baby you must get your photos taken around 7 months....if you're pregnant with twins you must get your photos taken around 6 months (not 7, like I did).... the difference between the months is like night a day.

Feeling Appreciative:
~Quality one on one time with some of my best girlfriends...Melissa and Addie on week nights. LOVE! I feel so spoiled these days
~A surprise visit at work from my cousin Bri and her darling baby girl Ellie... they even brought me homemade chocolate chip cookies.
~Our dear friend Matt and his little boy Lane who showed up at our new home on Saturday afternoon to help Justin rip out all the old carpet. Thank you so much!
~For my mom who's been a godsend in helping me pack up this condo, especially considering I can barely bend down or carry anything.


***********************

On the horizon for this week:
~Picking out carpet and paint, and hopefully hiring some help, as we're both working full time and still in the middle of "wedding season".
~Another lovely upcoming J.Starr Wedding Day on Saturday
~If all the puzzle pieces fall into place, maybe MOVING IN, but most likely not until next weekend.

Currently Listening to:
~Broadway Showstoppers on Pandora ( I seriously love this station)

Quote I'm Loving: "Done is Better than Perfect"

Confession:
~ Quality time is such my "love language". It means the world to me...and there's nothing I appreciate more. It's times like these when I need all the extra sets of hands I can get,  that I'm reminded to try and not get so caught up in my "own busyness" to remember to offer my help and time to others more often. The gift of time to someone else (in their times of need) is so invaluable!


4 comments :

  1. OH JENNY! I'm so happy you gave your 2 weeks notice! I'm so proud an happy for you! yay! Let me know if you need any help too. I can't lift anything too heavy, but I can do something...or if you need just some Kimmy time, you got it! Take it easy Jen, it sounds like those babies are telling you to slow down. I'm glad you are listening :) If we can do lunch before your two weeks is up, let me know and I'll be there! woohoo!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. LOVE THE PICS so far!!!!! can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! My heart is aching for you. Your nesting instincts are on high alert!! When I was pregnant with my first we moved from Utah down here to Arizona and didn't get into our house until I was 7 1/2 months pregnant too! I told Mason just to expect that every day at around 5:00 I'd have a complete breakdown and just cry for about 20 minutes until I felt better - which I did. It's hard when your life is in shambles (but good shambles) and those hormones and the achy body sure doesn't help - when all you want to do is fold up all those cute baby clothes and put them in a drawer and look at them. It will all come together and you'll smile at the memory of these hectic days. Your pictures are beautiful. I still can't believe you are rockin' heels!! Actually I can... you are Jennifer Starr. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...