Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sweet Family Moments....Personal Highlights....May ~June 2012


Oh My! Time has just been flying by this year...I have so much blogging to catch up on....so I'll try and condense some of my spring/summer personal life events into one blog post this morning...

After finding out I was pregnant, the whirlwind begin............. during this time some really sweet family moments occurred....

Mother's Day/Breaking the BIG News!

I was so excited to share the news with my family, especially my mom. She had been waiting for a long time to hear this news..... I remember feeling very nervous about telling anyone, because I still didn't believe it myself.

I found out on May 4th and waited until the following weekend to tell our family {because that weekend was Mother's Day weekend, couldn't be any more perfect}.

It was a bittersweet evening. I was nervous, but trying so hard to keep it cool. Only a few minutes after arriving at mom and dad's house, my dad received a call from my Aunt Patty. I knew it must have been serious, because he walked out of the room and was on the phone for long time. When he returned back into the living him in a very soft voice he told us that my Grandma ( my dad's mom) was being sent home from the hospital and put on a in home hospice program. The doctor had said there was nothing left they could really do for her at the hospital...

We had a feeling that this time was coming, but never thought it really would. My dad looked so somber, it broke my heart. I wasn't sure what to do. Do we still tell them? Do we wait? After several moments...I decided to tell them. I thought my dad needed some happy news.

So I told my mom I wanted to give her her Mother's Day gift...and asked my dad to come and sit next to her on the couch. I then instructed my little brother to come a sit on the chair next to them, he said "no", I said "just do it Chase". (my family is used to me being dramatic and bossy).

I gave mom her card...and WAITED in silence. Justin stood by with the video camera. Mom opened her card and it said " Happy Mother's Day Grandma".. she was quiet...paused... looked over at me... and melted. She said "Well, it's about time!!!". My dad looked shocked. Chase was still wondering what was going on. I started to cry. I don't remember much after that (we'll have to watch the video, I've yet to see it)...it was very special. Then we gave mom her gift... a beautiful blue box from Tiffany and Co.....inside was the darling little elephant piggy bank from the Classic Baby Tiffany's Collection.
They were pretty stunned...

So was Uncle Chase....


It was official, it was real!

Finding Out We're Having...TWINS!

About a week and half later, I had my first ultrasound appointment.
The day before we had learned the very sad news that my Grandma Jane has passed away peacefully in her home with my Grandpa, her husband of 60+ years by her side. It was really a weird time, the timing of everything was very "full circle" in a sense.

I was so thankful Justin was able to be with me at this appointment. I was nervous, I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to "medical" stuff. The ultra sound tech welcomed us ...and got started. She grew quiet for a moment and then asked us..."How many circles do you see".... now I had no clue what were looking at, thankfully Justin did, kinda. She then said " You have two babies in there"...

My response " I always knew I would have two"
Justin's response " Umm... what are the chances of another one popping up in there?"

THEN, we heard the heartbeats...first "Baby A", then "Baby B"...at that point the tears started to flow, I was in love...those little heartbeats were the sweetest sound I had ever heard.

We walked out of that appointment stunned and excited. We had met there from work so we each got in out separate cars and drove home. I was afraid to drive, afraid to make left hand turns, afraid of speed bumps, afraid of the world....and feeling fiercely protective of these two little heartbeats.

Justin immediately called his brother Trevor on his drive home. When we got home we realized that we had to drive to Casa Grande to tell my parents in person right away! 

My mom knew I had a ultrasound and had been waiting patiently by the phone... when she didn't hear back from me she grew very worried.....and starting in the text messages, "what's going on" "are you okay"?
Finally we pulled up to my parents home, dad wasn't home yet. I walked into to the house trying not to make eye contact with my mom {I had to tinkle, yeah first trimester!!}.... I could hear other voices in the house.... my Aunt Chrissy was there along with my Uncle Dan's Girlfriend Karen... I remember thinking to myself... I HAVE to tell mom now, or she'll freak out... she had already attacked Justin in the kitchen, asking him what was going on, but he kept it quiet.
I then walked out of the bathroom to find my mom staring at me with a concerned look on her face.... I then told her.. "Mom, they didn't find one heartbeat".... and before I could say another word she screamed "THEY FOUND TWO" !!!!!
My dad came home about an hour or so later... looking tired and down. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug and told him the big news. He's reaction was completely opposite of my moms... he was silent......totally shocked. It was overwhelming news for our family who had just lost sweet Grandma Jane the day before.
Granny's 80th Birthday:


A week later... we joined up with my other Grandma otherwise know as "Granny" to share the big news with her and celebrate her birthday along with my moms.

She was confused...and thought my mom was the one who was pregnant?? Apparently she still thinks of me as ten. Very cute, sometimes I think I still am.

Saying Goodbye to our Grandma Jane:

Days later was the funeral for Grandma. My family planned a lovely church service for her followed by a reception at my Uncle and Aunt's home.

The entire family was there, it was bittersweet...but the way that Grandma would have wanted it....lots of people, lots of food, lots of laughs. It's pretty amazing that she gave life to so many people.


Craig & Patty, Bri & Donnie, Paul
Little Liam 
Pam & Chip, Andy, Grandpa & Tommy

Justin's Birthday:

A few weeks later my love bug turned.... 32! His brother Trevor and Trevor's girlfriend Isis flew in to celebrate with us.

"The Expectant Father"...very appropriate gift from his brother.

Followed by some fun in the sun with the Starrs....

"The Boys" Justin and his brothers...Trevor & Shannon.


Tons of excitement... about the upcoming Starr Babies!!!





1 comment :

  1. Love this Jen. Thanks for sharring. Made me cry more than once. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...