Friday, October 19, 2012

Just the Two {Four} of Us...

Rewind back to June of this year.  I had scheduled a photo shoot with our beloved buddy and talented photographer: Matt Wheeler, owner of Still Life Studios. 

The purpose of this photo shoot was to accomplish two things:
1.) Crossing Off # 30 off of my 101 in 1001 List 
2.)  Announce our Pregnancy in a Cute Way

Okay, so with the first goal.... I wanted to be able to check off:

# 30.  Have a "getting dirty wedding" photo session prior to our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary

Well for starters, our 5 Year Anniversary had already passed...and second I was now pregnant.  So, rather than giving up on this goal completely, I decided to modify it... {it's my 101 list, therefore my rules :}

So...let me first explain what a "Getting Dirty Session" is.....
The idea is that shortly after your wedding day...(I recommend doing it within a 30 window following your wedding!)...you put on your wedding gown one last time and talk your groom back into his tux and you do something totally crazy and wild with your photo shoot.
The idea is that it's kind of an oxymoron in the sense that you want to be a very untypical location for a Bride and Groom and to in.... and you also want to be doing something in the shoot totally random.

Some Examples:
or

To view several more click on the Still Life Studios Website go to the weddings tab, go to the portfolio tab, then go to the "Getting Dirty" Section.

I had always wanted to to do this...but the years flew by super fast... and before I knew it, I was pregnant with twins.  At this point I just didn't feel very "bridal"...So instead of doing a "Getting Dirty" Session... I decided that it would be nice to have some photos taken of "just the two {four}of us".  Who knows maybe down the road we'll do some crazy "Getting Dirty Session"..but back in June it just didn't quite feel like the right time.

I remember feeling really sick this day(first trimester)... and it was super hot, I was trying to be such a good trooper... I was starting to "show" a little in a weird funky..chubby middle section kind of way...so picking out outfits was a bit of a challenge. 

But all in all, I'm glad we did this.. as this was the last professional photos taken of us..."pre bump"...well kind of :)




  

 And of course the we were able to capture this famous shot, which I'll always treasure.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...