Monday, August 6, 2012

Manic Monday Vol. 3

17 Weeks Pregnant, with Twins
MANIC MONDAY ~ feeling refreshed, feeling rushed, feeling appreciative for last week, feeling regretful for things that didn't get done over the weekend, feeling excited for a new week, needing a quick reflection.

Highlights of last week included:
~A successful 4 months doc's appt in which I was grateful to hear the babies heartbeats, as always.
~Attended the (ABC) Association of Bridal Consultants State Meeting.
~One of our cars was officially pronounced "dead"...my pontiac.... that I had before I had Justin...kind of sad, but we knew it was coming. So we need to buy a new car..but we'd like to hold off until we're in a new home...so far now Justin's driving a rented Impala.  

Last week I learned:
~I was again reminded (through a series of events) that all good things require time and patience...both of which I feel that I lack most of the time.
~I need to stop watching Investigation Discovery.....seriously...ugghh
New fab finds:
~ After years of contemplation I finally took the plunge, paid the registration fees and joined (ABC) the Association of Bridal Consultants ~crossing off # 46  off my 101 List.
Feeling Appreciative:
~ The darling baby clothes Aunt Carol sent us, so sweet.
~For as long as I've been in the wedding industry (eight years plus) I still don't know everything...not even close. And I especially don't know everything about running my own business....must keep growing, learning, striving to be better.
~Had two fab nights out on the town.....one of which included a four hour dinner/catch up session with Naseem and Julie at El Zocalo.  The other fab night included a double date with Renata and Anthony while a sushi conveyor belt (no I didn't eat any raw fish...I know that's prohibitted with babies on board) spun around us.  Have you been to Teharu??? So fun!
~For Justin, seriously...he's been so solid and grounded with all my hormonal ups and downs and takes care of me in so many ways....Most women would be excited to pick out strollers and car seats, not me...it just completely stresses me out. Justin will spend hours reading consumer reports and researching everything...while on top of trying to finalize all the paperwork with our house and car hunting.

***********************
 On the horizon for this week:
~Gearing up for the East Valley Bridal Show on Sunday
~I need to finalize my "Hot Trend" that I'll be speaking about and presenting a table on at the upcoming (NACE) National Association of Catering & Events dinner next week.

Currently Reading: I haven't picked up a book in days...I just collapse into bed.

Currently Listening to: Lenny Kravitz on Pandora ( I could listen to the song " Little Girl's Eyes" over and over again all day)


Confession: My brain feels super foggy this morning I'm not even sure what I'm writing about. I keep having all these crazy pregnancy dreams.... the weirdest one being: The doctor told me that she needed to go into my belly and take one of my babies' out now to do some testing...and after the testing she would put the baby back in belly to continue growing...weird...so weird.  


5 comments :

  1. You are adorable and I'm so happy for you...ALL!! muah!! xoxoxoxo I see you soon Jennycakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your looking for a new car, my friend works at a dealership, they are amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mama! Here's to another great week honey! Hugs! Let me know if you need anything from me. I'm gonna get out my maternity cloths this week. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cried every time I say goodbye to a car! They are so much a part of you for soooo long ;)
    Ridiculous, I know!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Come to Smarty Pants Consignment (where I work part time), they have fabulous maternity clothes!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...