Friday, August 17, 2012

Meet Kevin Kossman, Owner of Piece of Cake Desserts


T.G.I.F. My Friends!!!

I can say that today, because I have the next two days off! What a crazy busy week this has been... but tons of fun.  I'd like you all to meet Kevin Kossman... he's just a super cool dude, and his witty comments and observations on life keep me refering brides to him.  I like people who make me laugh....don't we all??? Enjoy!

 
(Meet Kevin Kossman, Owner of Piece of Cake Desserts along with his wife Amy~not pictured)

Name of your company?
Piece of Cake Desserts


 What does your company offer?
We specialize in wedding cakes, but in the off season we make cakes for all occasions

How long has your company been in business?

We have been creating amazing cakes in the valley  for 9 years. We’ve actually be around for 11 years, but those first 2 years… well we don’t talk about those cakes

What does your company pride itself in?

Taking our cakes seriously, Not ourselves
What sets you apart from other companies like yours?

We are great at what we do, but so are most of the cake companies in the valley.  What really sets us apart is our partnerships and the quality of the people that trust us to make certain that their clients get a wedding cake they will love.

What do you love most about what you do?

I don’t even know how to answer this.  To start, we make cakes for a living... cakes… for a living. That’s like making a living kissing puppies. You know who is happy to see the guy with cake? Everybody.  If there were a high school for food, cake would be captain of the football team. What don’t I love about what I do?
What’s an embarrassing moment that has happened to you/your company on the job?

One time I walked down the catwalk (at one of J.Starr's Events ) in my chef’s coat…
What’s the most memorable/special moment that has happened to you/your company on the job?
About 7 years ago, my wife and I were finishing our final wedding cake for the week.  We didn’t have any help back then, we were tired, frustrated with how the cake looked, and it was nearly midnight on a Friday night. I said to her ”We both know that we are going to have to re-do this cake, right?” So we did.  2 hours into the re-decorating I said to her “THIS is the kind of company we are going to be. Most companies would have let that cake go out the way it was, but I don’t want to be most companies”. I really believe that our “do it right or do it over…no matter how bad it sucks” philosophy has played a huge part in our success in the wedding industry the last few years.  

5 comments :

  1. Wow! I will have to remember this cake company for future events ;)
    I would love to see pics of their creations!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the pleasure to have Kevin help my vision come to life for our wedding cake in October. I knew we were meant to be because the walls of his shop are the same color purple in my wedding colors!

    The thing I remember most about Kevin is he said to me "I always respond to your emails within 24 hours; sometimes at 2:30 am. I'm not even kidding." He's a man of his word. In the beginning of our design email meetings; I had to laugh when I saw the time his email were sent. 2:32 am.

    I can't wait to see what our cake will look like in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love his outlook on doing this right or not at all. We need more companies like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen and tasted a LOT of cakes from Piece of Cake Desserts, and they never cease to amaze. Their cakes are awesome and taste is too divine to describe. I can't wait for my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome article. POC really does do amazing work and the taste! Holy cow, the taste is amazing. I love their new cupcakes too. It's so great to be able to walk into their shop and just buy cupcakes right now, when you just gotta have that coconut cream filled one, my fav. I hope more folks see this blog because people deserve great cake and they sure get it from Kevin and Amy. By the way, I wonder if there IS a way to make a living kissing puppies, since I can't make cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...