Monday, August 27, 2012

Manic Monday Vol. 6




(20 Weeks Pregnant/5 Months with Twins) 

MANIC MONDAY ~ Have to catch an early train, got to be to work by nine. And if I had an air-o-plane I still couldn't make it on time. 'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna wear...Blame it on the train but the boss is already there....

Highlights of last week included:
~NACE Tantalizing Tables Event was a huge success. I was so proud of our J.Starr Table and had a great night out with some many awesome people. I was so happy that Justin was able to come along too...he captured some great photos that I'll share on tomorrow's blog post.
~Bridal Open House had a huge turnout...I was quite surprised as I thought in the dead of the AZ August heat that attendance would be low. I really enjoyed spending time with my clients, their families, and all of my vendor partners....nights like this always remind me of why I do what I do.
~After Thursday, I slept a lot
~Had a great weekend with my love bug....got caught up on a bunch of projects.....felt awesome
~Had a fabulous night with friends on Saturday night celebrating my dear friend Addie's Birthday. We so enjoyed a home cooked meal and hilarious conversation.  
 
 
Last week I learned:
~I had a huge bolder land right in the middle of my professional pathway last week. I was pretty crushed, not knowing how to navigate around it... but after a few days of patience the pathway presented itself.... it was a good reminder that life can change in an instant, be prepared for changes.
~I had to pass up, not one but three really awesome J.Starr Business opportunities last week...realizing that I'm going to have to slow down a little to prepare for these two little babies. It's kind of hard to slow the momentum....but so necessary for my health...and I have to remind myself that I wanted to be a mommy for a long time, it's time to relish in it a bit. I have to be "okay" slowing down....I'm not stopping by any means.... just being more realistic with time (something I've struggled with my entire life).
 
 
New fab finds:
~At five months pregnant my regular work clothes just weren't working anymore. I actually had to unzip my pants last week during a work meeting (how's that for professionalism??). So I took this as a sign that I had to buy some actual maternity clothes. I stumbled across Motherhood Maternity... and found some cute and stylish clothing!!! I even bought some dare I say "sexy" dresses. Who knew???
 
 
Feeling Appreciative:
~BABY KICKS....my little punkins are just kicking away...it's soooo cute!
~That August is ending, which means we only have one more month of this hellish heat. I hate complaining...but damn... it's HOT! And being pregnant makes my body temperature even hotter.
~For all the cool people who work in the wedding/event industry...they're all a little bit weird...which is so comforting because I fit right in.
~For Renata Hodl, my design partner in crime, we just work so well together...
***********************
On the horizon for this week:
~Not much at all....just continuing to catch up on projects.
~Aimee Sloan my homegirl will be in town this weekend... I can't wait to see her mug
~I need to finalize the Baby Shower/Halloween Party plans

 
Currently Listening to: The Dirty Heads Station on Pandora, LOVE

 
 
 
Confession:
~ I really need to work out. I've struggled so hard getting back into the gym during this pregnancy/heat...but I think I need to really push myself now...I know it would would help improve my energy level immensely.




2 comments :

  1. Always look forward to your Monday post! What was the boulder at work honey? I've got some cloths for you. I'll give to you this week if I see you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...