Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Putting on the Glam....Tantalizing Tables Event


What fun night!  J.Starr Stylized Weddings & Events was asked to be one of the featured designers at the NACE Tantalizing Tables Event last week at the lovely Hotel Palomar.  We were asked to put together a table based on upcoming trends and present about it.

To be honest, I really struggled with this.. because the truth is...  I'm not really a trend follower. I wish I was better about keeping up with these things... but I when it comes to "my style" I have my signature staples that I don't steer very far from.  So, I decided to keep my table within my "J.Starr" Brand while incorporating touches of trends. 

My J.Starr brand...is what it is...which I guess....is ME?  I never really thought much about it, until one day I sat back and looked at my business card, my website, my blog, my wardrobe... and thought to myself..huh... I guess I do have a certain "theme/brand" and I never realized it before.

Isn't it funny?  We all have a certain style, brand, theme to us that is SO EASY for others to see in us, but hard for us to see in ourselves?  I find this so fascinating. 

If I had to define my "brand" it would be:
Dramatic ~ I like darker colors... black, and greens, platinum
Classic ~ Again, I don't really follow trends..
Romantic ~ I like the lovey... dovey... flowing....feel good stuff
Modern/Touch of Edge/Rock in Roll~ Blame it on my Gwen Stefani Crush... I can't help it.
The trends that were incorporated:
Ombre ~ My talented Floral Designer Renata Hodl put together a fabulous elevated centerpiece incorporated the "ombre" color trend
Platinum and Yellow Colors ~ These are a new trend color combination for weddings.. they are the perfect blend of femininity and masculinity...in my opinion
Chevron~ this is a big trend right now.. people either love it or hate it... I'm loving it.  This pattern was picked up in the menu cards & place cards.
Then it was my turn to talk (holy pregnant bumble bee).  I had no idea what I was going to say....sometimes it's just so super weird to consider yourself " a professional".  I still feel like a little girl playing "grown up" most days.  I just rambled a little about how much fun it is to be able to come up with a design concept totally involving what you like.  


I want to send out a HUGE Thank You out to all the talented people who helped to contribute to this Table Design Display....

Laurie Southwick with Southwick Linens
Deb Beggs and Kaeley Olsen with Classic Party Rentals
Kimberly McDowell with The Event Essentials

and to My Amazing J.Starr Team.....
Renata Hodl ~ Talented Floral Designer & Partner in Design Crime
Germaine Davis~ Production Assistant and Comic Relief
Justin Starr ~ Photographer, Best Buddy, and Love Bug

I may be the dreamer...but there's a lot of talented people in my life who help to turn my "dreams" into reality...
I'm a lucky girl. 


2 comments :

  1. Great job honey!!! It looks so great!!!! You are amazing. You look so darn cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Love the yellow & platinum combo. Great job, mama.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...